Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Silver Strand Beach Camping

We left to go camping the day after the fourth of July.  I may have been beyond exhausted and our house may have been a mess but I was not about to say no to front row camping right on the beach.


This was the perfect spot to get some rest for the next few days.  Chris and I set up the chairs and enjoyed the view right away.


Kayla went down to lay on the beach and listen to some music and Brooklyn got her spot ready to relax.




We ate dinner and I took a nap, the girls and Chris played football outside.  The evening was so beautiful and I hated to miss it but I was beyond tired.


My favorite part of camping right on the beach is my morning coffee views.  The girls always sleep in and it's just so easy for us to get our coffee and walk out to the water to start our day.


I had to grab a picture of all the bags Kayla brought.  This is only three of them, she had five!  One was full of just books, one was full of just swimsuits, she also had a bag full of other clothes which she also had clothes hanging in the closet.  I don't even know what the other two were full of but she cracks me up, bringing so much stuff. 



Chris and Kayla went on a morning run while Brooklyn and I rode our bikes around and then came back and played with a ball on the beach.


My favorite view!


Chris and I went down to the beach while Kayla did some reading up by the trailer.


Brooklyn and Chris playing football again while I enjoyed the perfect view.


Popsicle time


My beach girls






The day ended around the campfire.


We always find sand dollars at this beach.


Another morning, Another run
Kayla and Chris went and then Brooklyn went after.


Back to relaxing on the beach


Brooklyn once again enjoying a popsicle


She was also a wonderful child and refilled drinks for her mom and dad as well.


The face she makes when her older sister doesn't want to come and hang out on the beach.  Poor Brooklyn, Kayla spent all day reading and writing in the trailer.


daddy saved the day




Last night sunset views


Kayla came out to join us 





Then it was s'mores and campfire time


Kayla found this huge caterpillar while helping pack everything up the next morning.




We walked down to the beach to say our goodbyes and of course the sun was out and it was a beautiful day.





Finding more seashells







All loaded up and ready to go back home.  This beach trip was definitely one of the most relaxing trips we've gone on and I'm not sure if it was just because I needed it after the fourth of July party or because the girls are at that age that they are old enough to not be watched 24:7 and they both choose what they want to do and do it.  There was no complaining or bickering about having to do something they didn't want to do which made it nice.  Hoping our next camping trip goes just as smoothly.



1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Looks like a wonderful time, Shannon. And your camper is beautiful!!!! So glad you were right on the beach too! And as much as I miss having littles, and I do, it is so nice to have more relaxing time!!! Sometimes when I see moms with little ones, I think there is no way I could do it now! Enjoy the rest of your summer days, my friend!