Wednesday, July 26, 2023

June Recap


June started off at our towns fair.  Kayla went during the day with some friends and enjoyed all the rides and the food and Chris and I went in the evening to enjoy some country music.





We had such a great time!


The end of the school year means awards for middle school.


Brooklyn received four Academic Achievement Awards for Science, Math, ASB and ELA!!


I had no one to walk with one day so Brooklyn said "I'll walk with you"  We had a nice long walk chatting all things going on in Brooklyn's world.


June weather was so mild and there were so many days to actually sit outside and enjoy the blooming flowers.


Kayla finished up her behind the wheel driving while Brooklyn and I enjoyed Starbucks.


Snuggle mornings before school drop off.


Yearly doctors visit is all better once you get a lollipop even when you are thirteen.


Spent the last day of school volunteering for Kayla's track and cross country team to work the high school graduation snack bar.


Being the first one up on Summer break is not overrated.


Would it even be Summer without a trip to the library?



While Chris and I were in Las Vegas the girls stayed with their grandparents and did an Escape Room.  They had so much fun and yes, they did escape.



Late morning Summer breakfast


A trip to the movies to see The Little Mermaid.  It was good but not as good as the original in my opinion.


Professional soccer games are so fun and we were all looking forward to cheering on the LA Galaxy






Kayla has cross country early twice a week and thankfully Chris would drop her off but I had to pick her up.  I was not happy to be up so early but while I waited I was enjoying the pretty view and later that day I realized that was the last time I would be picking her up because later that day.....


this happened!


Kayla is now a licensed driver! 
We were around the corner from her papa's house so we drove over after and shared the news with him.


The day after we all went over to enjoy the warm Palm Springs weather and some pool time.


Brooklyn was thrilled to take a photo



The girls enjoying the mocktails at our friends daughters high school grad party.


Kayla and baby Tate looking adorable.





 

No comments: