Friday, August 19, 2011

End of Summer Picnic



I can't believe Summer is already over!
Kayla starts school Tuesday and is super excited to go back and see all of her friends.
I on the other hand feel like I'm the one that is starting school.
I am nervous for her, worried whether or not her teacher will be nice and if Kayla will like her and that she will like Kayla, 
I hope she has a few of her friends from last year in her class this year so she feels comfortable 
and I am not looking forward to getting up early and getting myself and the girls ready :(
What am I going to do next year when she is starting Kindergarten at a completely different school!



Well since today is the last day of Summer
(okay so it's the last Friday of Summer)
I decided we would drive up to Oak Glen and have a little picnic for lunch.



So while the girls ran around playing this morning I packed our picnic.
We also packed some books and our favorite Tea Party game.




When we first got up there the sprinklers were on so we waited awhile for them to turn off.....they never turned off.
So we found a corner where there weren't any sprinklers and set up our picnic.



We had a great time eating and reading books.
We set up the game and played for maybe 5 minutes when the girls decided they wanted to run around.











Brooklyn found a tree to run circles around.





While Kayla ran down the hill.






Then we fit in some races,
"On your marks.....get set.......GOOOO!"






They had so much fun and even fell asleep on the way home. 
I wish Summer could last just a bit longer!

6 comments:

Kat said...

What a perfect way to spend the last Friday of summer! Picnics are so fun!!!

Colleen said...

That sounds like a great afternoon. I am feeling the same way. Trying to cram in everything we did not get to do thus far. Oh, and I am in denial that my girl starts kindergarten : (

Cyn said...

Looks like a great day, I love the tea cup game.. Have Happy back to school day =)

Coastal Health and Home said...

Dear Shannon,

Looks like so much fun.

Love Kayla's shirt!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Best,

CBO

Deborah said...

I adore picnics!
And look at all the fun you all had!
Your girls are the sweetest!!
Oh my..and your header with those cute little feet!! :)

Deborah xo

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

I cant believe summer is over either. I love picnics. Great pics!