Monday, October 13, 2014

Four Day Weekend Recap


We just finished up our four day weekend and it was wonderful.  It was so nice having the last four days to come and go as we pleased.  Right after we picked up Kayla at school on Thursday we came straight home and played in the front yard until dinner time.  The girls rode bikes, jump roped and ran around.  I really wish we had more time for afternoons spent outside but thanks to stupid homework we don't!  Anywho it was a great way to start the long weekend off.  Friday was Ten on Ten so the day was documented in my previous post, click here.



Saturday morning hubby and I took the girls to my parents so we could spend the day together just the two of us.  We went and saw Gone Girl, I was so excited to see it and see hubby's reaction to the ending.  I read the book and knew it would make a great movie.  We both really liked it.  After it was over we shopped a bit, or I guess I shopped a little bit.  I stocked up on a couple of candles, even buying some great smelling Christmas ones!  After I had purchased more than enough candles we went to dinner at P.F. Changs.  It was delicious and it's so nice enjoying a quiet meal out without little ones now and then.


Sunday morning was a do absolutely nothing day!  Kayla stayed in her pj's all day while Brooklyn opted to get dressed to ride her bike while daddy did yard work.  I lounged around and did some cleaning around the house here and there.


Goodies that the girls came home with from Grandma and Papa's


Kayla reading through the old Blog books 



Brooklyn eating her lunch outside


They wanted to play with playdough so I gave in but was not happy to clean up the mess they made but atleast they had fun.




I caught the girls cuddling on the couch while watching some Halloween movies.


For dinner I made pumpkin-ricotta stuffed shells, I look forward to making these every Fall.  I'll be sharing the recipe later this week.
Sunday night was movie night and the girls watched Igor.  It was pretty cute and they ended up watching it again today.
We spent most of this morning at the pumpkin patch which I will post pictures of later on.


Then it was back to reality getting things done back home.  Kayla had to stop by the doctors office to get her Flu nasal spray(she was so happy it was not the shot!) and later on hubby took the girls to dance and I stayed home and worked out in a quiet house.  Hot Dogs for dinner on the back patio followed by some frisbee and softball.  Soon it was time to get things ready for an early Tuesday morning school day.

Only 4 more days until the weekend!!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Sounds like a nice and relaxing weekend. I saw Gone Girl last Sunday...wow! I had not read the book so I had. not read the book so I had not idea what it was about.