Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Christmas Morning

Each year that the girls get older I worry that Christmas will not be the same I think the magic might be gone that year but every year I am happily surprised that no matter how old the girls get the magic and the happiness is still there.   It might not be a month long of excitement like when they were little but come Christmas morning it's there, the magic is always there!


Before the girls get to come out and see what Santa left behind Chris and I open the curtains, turn on the Christmas carols, I light the candles and of course we both grab a cup of coffee.


This year the girls were fixing their hair in the bathroom because #girls


Waiting for the okay to run out!


This morning was full of smiles!






They would not stop reading their horoscope books 



A movie daddy has been telling the girls about for years and could not wait to show it to them one day.  Brooklyn knew exactly what to get him this year for Christmas.






A happy mess!



because I never want to forget what my girls get me..




After every last gift was open under the tree it was time to go and check on their stockings.


There was another big surprise Santa left for them and one that they really wanted this year.



There's that magic!






It was a perfect morning, they were so happy and it was just what we needed after the past nine months.

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Is it weird that I was waiting for this post, Shannon???
I love your Christmas posts, especially the Christmas morning ones.
So happy the magic is still there in your beautiful home.
And so it comes and goes, but what wonderful memories you made for your girls.
Have a cozy evening, my friend.
Hugs from another house clinging to the magic. : )

Cindy said...

What a fun morning! We do ours the opposite, we open stockings first, then have breakfast (usually cinnamon rolls) and then open gifts. Looks like you had a magical Christmas!