Sunday, January 10, 2021

Ten On Ten

One week into 2021 and it's already been not so great for many reasons but today wasn't bad at all.  The girls start back to online learning tomorrow so today was very much a chill today.


Chris and Kayla were off in another room watching one of the Maze Runner movies, she's read all three books and has spent the weekend watching all three movies with her daddy.   Brooklyn is obsessed with the Avatar show and has watched all of them atleast four times through and really wanted me to watch them with her so everyday we cuddle up and watch a few episodes.  No, they are not my favorite but spending time with her and her excitement when I tell her we can watch some episodes everyday is worth it!


Chris and I have been walking 2.4 miles everyday.  Our weather has been gorgeous here and I feel so much better after getting outside everyday.


Did a little rearranging on my sink caddy, the tiny Christmas tree was dry and dead so it got replaced with another plant.  


Kayla enjoying some time on her Nintendo switch and Brooklyn playing with toy cars.


I needed to go through my spices because I was tired of not being able to find what I needed so I decided to go through and throw some things out and take notes on what I need to add.


It's time to start planning our Summer camping trips.  It books so fast and gets harder and harder each year to find spots.  No luck today but persistence is key!


Brooklyn helped me make some Hazelnut Biscotti Cookies.  She did most of it I just supervised and cleaned up along the way.  She loves helping me bake.

Kayla spent the afternoon doing her nails.  She is really into trying out new designs and offers to paint her sisters nails and mine all the time.


Eating healthy in the new year is going good so far.  Tonight we had salad with chicken, corn, avocado, tomato and bacon(not so healthy but it helps to get the girls to enjoy it) and a honey vinaigrette dressing.  It was delicious and we played card games while we ate.

January is one of my favorite months, not just because it's my birthday month but because our calendar is always pretty empty and it's always nice to have some home time to just recharge in the new year.  I'm definitely looking forward to a whole lot of home time this month!

No comments: