Sunday, January 22, 2023

Happy New Year!

 

This year we spent New Years Eve at home, just us and it was exactly how I like it!  My roses from Christmas day were just barely hanging on.

It was a rainy night so it was perfect for a cozy night in.


Chris and I started off with a favorite cocktail, him a whiskey and me an old fashioned.



The girls got dressed up a bit.  Brooklyn strongly believes my closet is hers and very often just comes out wearing my clothes.  Sometimes I say no way I really like wearing that, take it back and sometimes I just let her.  This night I let her wear one of my favorite dresses because she looked so cute!



A fancy night of appetizers and finger foods for dinner while we spent hours playing Table Topics.  This is such a fun thing to do and we always spend a lot of time talking about each one, highly recommend for your family.   




After dinner the girls really wanted us to all play Just Dance.  They've been begging for a family night playing this so we gave in.  It was fun and I was a bit excited to come in first even if it only happened once!


The rest of the night we played card games and waited for midnight.  I think it was the first year we all four of us were at home and ALL stayed up 'til midnight.



The next morning I made breakfast and then we headed out to Palm Springs for a New Years day party at my father in law's


Left the rain behind for some sunshine!



It's always fun at his parties, lot's of new people to meet and mingle with and it was so nice to see the sun after days of rain and cloudy skies at home.


Happy 2023!















1 comment:

Cindy said...

Love all your New Years decor! You were all at home, all stayed up and all celebrated together, what a great way to celebrate the new year!