Wednesday, April 19, 2023

March Recap


This Winter has been crazy!  We've had so much rain and on March 1st we got a whole lot of snow.


When I picked Brooklyn up from school she was covered in it and everything was so pretty.  I love, love, love a snow day and wish we had several every year.







March 2nd was Kayla's first track meet and was supposed to be at her high school but due to all the snow they relocated to Palm Desert.  So we basically went from snow temperatures to high 60's which I also very much enjoyed.  It had been awhile since we had seen the sun so I was all about sitting outside in warmer weather.



My girl already doing amazing running that track!




I had to capture these two cuddling.  They rarely do this, used to all the time when they were kittens but now not so much.


Off to the first Sweet 16 party of the year.
I can't believe we are already here.  Kayla's Sweet 16 is a few weeks away and she's so excited.  It's gonna be a fun one!


Another Track meet.  Pretty much twice a week we are following this girl around to watch her race.  It's been busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.  She loves it and is pretty darn good so I will happily watch her do her thing.



She got tripped at the start of one of her races and got pretty banged up but look at her all smiles still.



Still the best of sisters


We celebrated my mom's birthday in March and had to get a picture with her and her two girls.



I told you our life is Track, right?


A sign that Spring is coming!


Brooklyn came home from school one day and said I want to learn how to line dance so she spent hours practicing the boot scootin boogie and had me cracking up.



Date night for Chris and I in Palm Springs.


Happily spending her morning watching her favorite shows.


Yay for a warm night and dinner on the patio!


I don't think June wanted me to leave for Atlanta.


Brooklyn and I were in Atlanta on St. Patrick's Day but I still left a treat behind for Kayla to wake up to for the day.


I also packed two treats for Brooklyn and her friend that stayed with us while we were in Atlanta.


I also missed a huge track meet while I was gone but Chris kept me updated.  Kayla did fantastic on the 3 races she ran, medaling in two of them.


She was so excited that night to tell me all about the day.  She always runs the 1600(1 mile) and the 3200(2 mile) but this day they were short a runner for the 1600 relay so she asked if she could do it.  She did great and had a fast time than the other three girls who usually run it.


Back home from Atlanta to a warm and cozy house


When Brooklyn and I got home from Atlanta it was raining again.  Kayla had another track meet and this time we watched under umbrellas and in the cold.





Sunny in the morning and then raining by afternoon



Back in November we ordered Kayla's lettermen jacket and the day finally came when it was ready to be picked up.  She was so excited and thankful.  Such a cool thing to have.  She wears it all the time.



Chris and I went to see Lee Brice and I randomly ran into one of the moms I had met while in Atlanta.  We had a fun time hanging out at the concert before it began. 






When the concert began we took our seats and this was my view from my seat.  Ummm nope!  I got up and talked to one of the security guards and they moved us.


I'd say it worked out for the better!




The month ended with another track meet but first Chris and I stopped on the way to grab lunch and a glass of wine at a pretty winery.


Then we headed out to watch our girl do her thing.


 



No comments: