Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Christmas Eve

 Christmas Eve morning with donuts and hot chocolate!




There was so much to do but Christmas movies and cat snuggles were so much better.


Eventually I got around to getting things done.  The start of the Christmas Eve kitchen prep mess 


Meanwhile Oliver was upset he had nobody to cuddle with so he cried at the end of the hallway hoping his sisters might let him in


The last day of the chocolate advent calendar


While I finished prepping for dinner the girls got to work on their gingerbread houses.



Lots of giggles





and lots of eating the candy that was supposed to be used to decorate the houses which was basically Brooklyn eating it.



Kayla's house on the left and Brooklyn's on the right



Christmas Eve dinner Lasagna, sausuage, caesar salad and garlic bread.


Adult beverage 


Kids beverage



After showers we cuddled up to watch Christmas Vacation


The annual reading of T'was the Night Before Christmas




Then Brooklyn put together Santa's treats before the girls headed to their rooms for the night.


 Christmas made the shift this year and I full heartedly felt it.  The lump in my throat and tears I cried while I worked to make the magic happen ~ my girls aren't little girls anymore.  It was a hard Christmas Eve for me but looking back at all the pictures and reliving this day again as I write this post it was all still magic, just different.








1 comment:

Cindy said...

It's so hard when they get to that age.... glad you have these wonderful memories though. Looks like they had a good time! And that lasagna looks delicious!