Friday, January 22, 2010

Snow Day!

We woke up to Snow this morning and I was probably just as excited as Kayla! I had no idea that it was going to snow so it was a wonderful suprise. It rarely snows here and this is about as much as we get, which is fine with me :)

Kayla was jumping up and down and screaming "I want to play, I want to play" so before we did anything such as eat breakfast or brush our teeth (sorry, we were excited!) we got dressed as warm as we could and headed outside.

Kayla has been waiting for snow and thought for sure it would snow at Christmas time, she thinks snow and Christmas happen together since last year it snowed a couple of days before Christmas. She even asked today if it was time for Christmas now?
I'm not sure if Brooklyn enjoyed it as much as Kayla but she was a good sport, no crying or whining. I was suprised since poor thing was probably hungry, I know I was.

We only stayed out for about 15 minutes, after that Kayla said she was cold so I asked if she wanted to go in and get breakfast. She requested her "Hot Oatmeal" and was happy playing inside after her short time in the snow. The snow has already melted thanks to the sun which decided to come out for 30 minutes which was followed by rain. It's been snowing and raining off and on again throughout the day. Maybe tomorrow we will wake up to another little suprise!







2 comments:

DustyLu said...

How weird is this california weather! I think deeply the world is sad because of what happened in Haiti. So its crying!..your kids are so cute. love the picture of brooklyn face..says mommy get me inside! lulu

Martha said...

How cute are your photos!! So glad they got to experience it:)