Monday, May 23, 2011

Yarn Webs




The other night while I was at Michael's I picked up two balls of yarn for something fun the girls could do together.
Since daddy was working Saturday morning I thought it would be a good time for them to make a mess and keep them busy.
I gave them each their own ball of yarn and told them they were going to pretend to be spiders and that the yarn was their web
They could run around the Family room and wrap their spiderweb around anything they wanted to as long as it wasn't something breakable.





Kayla had fun after some convincing she tried it for about 2 minutes and then wanted to do something else.
Then she had a melt down and cried for about 5 minutes and then she decided she would play again.
The joys of trying to entertain an emotional 4 year old!




Brooklyn had a great time
 But was much more interested in sitting in the center and wrapping the yarn around herself.





She got stuck quite a few times.








Kayla did just about all the of the work of making the spiderweb and she did a pretty good job. 
It kept them busy for most of the morning, even after they were all done wrapping the yarn through and around everything they were having fun jumping and crawling in and out of it.












It ended up being a lot of fun for them and pretty easy to clean up.
While they were napping I just took scissors and cut the yarn so that I could pile it all up and that was that.
Who knew a ball of yarn could be so much fun :)





Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Cute idea!! Whatever works, right?

paige said...

what a clever idea!
you are such a cutiepie mama!!

love your blog makeover!!
you probably did this weeks ago. so sorry , i'm a little late trying to stay caught up
xo

Kacey said...

Great idea! The whole time I was reading this, I was thinking how different girls and boys are. My boys would have been rough and crazy, despite my best efforts. I love reading about the cute things you do with your sweet girls!

Jennifer S. said...

What a great idea! I guess a trip to Micheals is in order :) My girls would love this!

Genn said...

Oh my gosh you are clever! spiders...
my girls would have a BLAST with that. I wish I had some yarn right now. Getting some soon. Thanks for this cute idea.

PS- my glasses are armani exchange from nordies :)

Tricia said...

What a good idea! Maybe I need a yarn web at my house :)