Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Decorating

It's getting there but it's just too hard to decorate without our Christmas tree.
This is why I struggle every year on whether or not to invest in a fake tree.
I love having a real Christmas tree but I hate having to wait 2 weeks before Christmas every year to go out and pick one out, not to mention trying to find a Saturday or Sunday when we don't have something planned is stressful enough.
I took out all of our boxes of decorations on Saturday and pulled out the few items that I like and the rest is just junk.
I swear more than half of my decorations are picked up from The Dollar Store or from the dollar bins at Target.
Every year I get annoyed with them but will not part with them because I think maybe next year I might want to put them out.
It's ridiculous I know!

I decided on Monday that I needed to stop buying whatever is cheap and Christmasy and buy what I really want and like.
Well good thing Monday was also Cyber Monday because when I decided to head on over to Bayberry Cove which is one of my favorite sites to find cute holiday decorations I noticed it said 50% off of Everything!!!
So of course I bought some new decorations that I have been wanting but could never bring myself to pay full price for. 

I have also been looking for a nativity scene for years now and last year I found this one but it was already sold out so I was pretty excited when I found that it was back in stock again this year.  
I think it is perfect for our home and will be a good reminder everytime I pass by it to be thankful for everything I have in my life.



Other than not having my decorating quite finished we have certainly all been in the Christmas spirit!
I think we have watched "The Elf on the Shelf" cartoon 5 times today and for dessert we had Peppermint Ice Cream and of course I've been drinking my Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks along with maybe a glass here and there of Egg Nog and I'm thinking I might need to start working out A.S.A.P.!
Good thing I have awhile until Summertime ;)
How's everyone else's decorating coming along?

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Ahhhhh just typed a long comment and it wouldn't work!!!!

Anyway . . . we have a real tree that we cut ourselves this weekend. We had a fake one for a few years and in this house it's too short for our ceilings. so we get a real one and what happens? It's too short!! I'll let you know how long it lasts.

now I am thinking I might need some eggnog.

Unknown said...

There's an Elf on the Shelf cartoon?! We have an elf but no cartoon!
Great pics and happy holidays!

Genn said...

There's an elf on the shelf cartoon?
We have the elf (darn thing didn't move last night! ;) )
Workout. Ha. I hear ya, but why is it just SO much harder in the winter months?
We are waiting to get a real tree this year too.
It is hard to wait.

Kacey said...

I haven't even started yet! Danny brought home our tree Monday, but we haven't put it up yet. Every year I say we're getting a real tree, and every year we still put up the fake one!

Jennifer S. said...

Just get a fake tree girl! We have tall ceilings and I can't stand getting real ones cause they look so short! And there is no way I am paying $100 bucks for a real tree that is over 9 feet tall every year :)
I hear ya on the workout thing. Its just so hard.

Cyn said...

She looks adorable! I'm planning to start decorating this weekend, Wish me luck =)