Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekend Haps

I know I know it's been a week since I last posted anything.
Sorry about that,  the days are just flying by and I didn't really pull out my camera at all this week.
But don't worry I remembered over the weekend to take a few pictures of our exciting little lives ;)




Friday the weather was awesome, high 70's!
In the morning we went to the park and spent 2 hours there.....
.
.


2 HOURS!
That is a long time at the park but it was a playdate so I had someone to talk to, thankfully.
I don't think I would spend 2 hours at the park if I was just with the girls.
They were exhausted though so it worked out for me ;)




I was happy they took good long naps because we were having friends over for drinks.
 .
 .
 .
They brought their adorable 2 month old baby girl where I got to play mommy for a bit and the girls did as well.
Especially Brooklyn, she completely grabbed the bottle out of my hands to feed the baby.
She is definitely the little mommy here.
 .
  .
 .
.
We took plenty of pictures of the girls together and at one point Kayla was sitting with the baby and just decided to get up without telling us or asking us to take the baby.
Luckily we were right there to get the baby but obviously she isn't ready to be a mommy quite yet ;)




We had fun and the girls were so helpful with the little one, it was nice having a little baby in the house for a bit.




Saturday it was back to cold weather again.
 Kayla had another t-ball game so we stopped for some Starbucks and then headed to the game
She did so good hitting this time!!
The team we played against was like playing a pro team.
Their players all stood and stayed in their positions which is very unlike the teams we've played in the past and our team.
Every single player could hit the ball far and they all threw good.
We were all wondering how they got a bunch of 3 and 4 years to follow directions and play so good already!




.

After the game I went to Home Depot to pick up some flowers for the yard.
We figured we could get some things done while the girls napped.
Hopefully next weekend the weather will be nice for Easter Sunday so we can be outside to enjoy it.


.
.

After all of the yard work we decided going out to dinner would be more enjoyable rather than making something and after dinner and baths the girls had movie night.




Always a favorite in our house especially when snacks are involved just look at those smiles!



Sunday I ran errands and got some alone time in while hubby stayed with the girls.
It is so nice to actually take my time and look at stuff rather than speed through the aisles just hoping to get what I need and get back home before there is a melt down!




A quick stop to Trader Joe's on the way home to pick up some stuff for our pasta dinner and we were all set to end the weekend with a yummy meal.
Hubby did the dishes and then took the girls outside to play while he washed the cars.
I ended the night mopping the floors, figured I could get some stuff done so I wouldn't have to worry about it later in the week.
Maybe this week I will actually have some time to keep up with the blog and put up a few posts.
Have a great week!



7 comments:

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

What a fun weekend. I always love to see what you are all up to.

~Shanon

SSM said...

Hello Shannon,

This is the second time that you've mentioned babies. :)

I have some exciting news to share.
Look for an email from me soon.

Enjoy your night!

Kelli said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me! I love to watch t-ball it is so much fun to see kids out there not really knowing what they are doing but having a great time.
Enjoy your week.

Kerry said...

What a fun weekend!! You achieved lots by the sounds of it:)
We have those exact same bowls (IKEA?)they're the perfect size for snacks.
Enjoy your week Shannon!!

Colleen said...

Nothing like freshly bathed babies!! You guys got alot done. I love the pictures of the girls with your friend's baby. So cute!

Tricia said...

Sounds like a full weekend, but nice too...except for the part about about washing the floors ;)

Kris said...

Hi Shannon. I see you are a new follower to my blog Simplify. Welcome! You have two beautiful little girls!!! They look to be about the same ages as my two granddaughters. My daughter Gennifer is Mommy to them. She blogs too. Her blog is Life In The Hass House, and she is on my blogroll. You should pop over to visit. You would have a lot in common too!! Love all the crochet pieces the girls are wearing! Do you crochet? You are in Central Coast area???
Hugs,
Kris