Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Yes I am calling it Mother's Day Weekend because for me it was an entire weekend celebrating myself and the wonderful Mom's in my life!



It started early on Friday morning when I took these two cuties up to Kayla's preschool for her Mother's Day Tea.






We were served either apple juice or tea with cookies.
Both the girls got a kick out of drinking out of big kid tea cups, which reminds me I must buy a nice set for them!!
Anywho it was so fun and cute seeing all the kids with their moms but I'm not gonna lie Brooklyn was her usual self with tantrums and crying.




She loves to drive me crazy, it's just who she is, besides we wouldn't want the morning to be too perfect ;)



Saturday morning hubby got up with the girls and got them breakfast so I could sleep in!!
It was wonderful and what a difference an hour of sleeping makes.
Kayla had a t-ball game and after that we were headed to my parents house to celebrate Mother's Day with my family.




These hand print flowers were the gifts the girls made for their Grandma's and let me tell you they were a hit!
I'm thinking I am going to have to have them do them again because I want one for our house.




I had such a great time on Saturday that the day flew by.
I sat and talked to my Grandmother and Aunt for hours and later told hubby I don't remember the last time I have ever been so relaxed.
It was so nice not to have to chase the girls around or even worry about them.  
I could hear them having a blast swimming while my dad and hubby watched them and took great care of them.




Sunday morning  I woke up to breakfast in bed, chocolate chip, banana pancakes that the girls helped daddy make for me.
Both of the girls ate of my plate but I didn't mind and Kayla sang me a Happy Mother's Day song she made up herself.
Instead of "Happy Birthday to you" she sang "Happy Mother's Day to you" it was adorable.
I also received my gifts from my girls and hubby.
The first picture above with the white pitcher from Anthropologie and the necklace were from my husband and the girls made me this with help from Daddy,




so sweet!

We later headed over to my in laws house to celebrate some more.
My husband and his brothers were in charge of the food and my brother in law made some amazing cheeseburgers with all the fix'ns, they were delicious!
We drank margaritas, the girls swam and I just relaxed.
 I don't think the weekend could have gone any better!

I am one lucky Mommy!



8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! I love the dress you are wearing! Very cute!

Colleen said...

it does sound like a wonderful weekend! you were spoiled. love your gifts especially the frame. how cute is that?!! I am also laughing at the Brooklyn comment. too funny.

SSM said...

Love that hand print artwork. :)

Kelli said...

Love the pitcher! I have been looking for a simple white one.
Great picture of the three of you.

Genn said...

what a great weekend!
I wish every day was mother's day!!!

Great idea with the handprint flowers!! I will have to remember that one.

Kerry said...

You are very blessed Shannon and your girls are equally blessed to have you as their mummy.
You are so pretty btw :)
I love the jug, the handprinted flowers, the gift your husband made (seriously?) very cute!
So great to hear you had a great weekend and thanks for keeping it real with a picture of Brooklyn's tantrum :)

Becca said...

I love the irony of Brooklyn's crying face with the Bee Happy shirt, haha!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

your girls are absolutely gorgeous. I am one of two girls ... there is nothing better than a sister. :) and those hand print flowers ... I will be pinning that for "future". :)