Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 2 of Vacation



On day 2 of our vacation we woke up and got ready and set off to Sea World.
It was the first time the girls had ever been there so they were very excited.
Hubby and I had not been there since we were little so it was just as new to us as well.




We arrived at 9:30 and stayed until 9:30 that night, needless to say it was a long day.
 Brooklyn was so tired she could barely walk and over all we had a great time despite a few instances with a 5 year old who has the attitude of a 16 year old ;)
 .




We saw all of the shows that we really wanted to see as well as all the exhibits.
Our favorite show was the Sea Lion show, I remember it from when I was little as always being funny and it still was.
Kayla thought it was hilarious and Brooklyn laughed a few times as well.
It was not crowded at all which made for a much nicer time.
I didn't take a lot of pictures because I wanted to enjoy the day without worrying too much about what to take pictures of.
Besides most of the best stuff was inside and it was dark, not great for taking pictures.












One of my very favorite things to see was the shark exhibit...........amazing and scary all in one.
Kayla wouldn't even go in but Brooklyn went with me and I went through it about 4 times!
The sea turtle exhibit is also my favorite, I've always loved sea turtles and could have easily of just sat in there and watched them all day.
The girls loved the turtle and the penguin exhibits. 
We saw the penguin exhibit atleast 5 times and I'm sure they would have gone in more if we didn't tell them we had other things to see.
 





It was such a nice change being at Sea World instead of Disneyland.
I definitely look forward to taking the girls back there someday, hopefully sooner than later. 




Instagram pics from the day,




1. sea lion exhibit 2. watching the sea lions, looks like Brooklyn is trying to get inside 3. these birds would fly and land right next to us while we were checking out this exhibit 4. waiting for Shamu show to start



1.  watching the sea turtles 2. beautiful sea turtle 3. cheese 4. penguins




1. family tradition for every Summer 2. waiting for Elmo 4D to start 3. showing off their new turtles they picked out  4. dance party at club Atlantis




How we all felt by the time we got back to the hotel!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks like a fun day! We love Sea World!

Colleen said...

that looks like a fun place to visit. love the girls' rompers. where do you find those? so cute!

Kacey said...

How fun! I can't believe you guys lasted 12 hours - what a day! I haven't been to Sea World since I was a kid, either. I think my boys really need to go! ;)

Cyn said...

Beautiful pics! Looks like the girls had a blast!. I am also looking forward to a nice summer break from Disneyland too =)

Kerry said...

Looks like a fun trip! Great pics Shannon :)

www.gallamorewest.com said...

Such cute pictures! We love Sea World too. We had passes last year, and we miss having them this year... next year for sure! Your daughters are adorable.
xo,
Laurie @ Gallamore West :)