Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful Tree



Last year we started a thankful tree for the month of November
Brooklyn was still too young then to participate but this year she got to add her thankfuls with Kayla's.
Everyday, well most days I asked the girls to give me one thing they were thankful for and we would write them down and then hang them on the tree.




We didn't quite do one everyday due to being rather busy somedays but we tried our best.
Kayla got to write her thankfuls on her own on a green tag since it's her favorite color and I wrote  Brooklyn's thankful for on a blue tag since that is her favorite color.




Brooklyn wasn't really into this thankful thing, after the first week of doing it she would tell me daily that she was thankful for nothing in which I would have to give her the whole spill of all the things she should be thankful for and how lucky she is.........etc.
She's a bit young still but atleast she sort of got the idea.
Her first few thankfuls were food related which is so Brooklyn!




In the end our tree was beautifully decorated with all the green and blue thankfuls from the girls.


Kayla's Thankful for
House
Food
World
Friends
My bedroom
Mom and Dad
School
Pets
God
Family
Brooklyn
TV
Yard
Toys


Brooklyn's Thankful for
Cheese Eggs
Dinner
Home
Cheese
Sleep
Kayla
God 
Going to the Zoo
Watching the Three Mouseketeers
Toys
Going to get Pizza
Mommy
Papa was here



Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Great Idea! Hope you have a fabulous day with your loved ones~Cheers & Blessings Kim

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

I just love your thankful tree! It's such a great idea and one I will copy for next year. I have poopped over to your blog from Paige's "Simple Thoughts." You have a loely blog home and I will be back to visit. Have a blessed rest of your Thanksgiving weekend!