Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What I've Been Up To


Over the weekend all the Christmas movies came out along with the cd's I had no choice, it was cold and gloomy and I couldn't stop singing "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....."
So basically we have been watching Christmas movies all day everyday since and I would be lying if I said I didn't get super excited and giggly everytime the girls pick out one that I clearly remember watching when I was a little girl!!
I promise there are not any decorations out yet so don't worry I'm trying my hardest to hold on those, I do enjoy Thanksgiving and don't want to skip right over it yet atleast not this week.
Saturday night we had friends over and since it was cold, rainy and gloomy it felt necessary to light every candle in the house and make Chicken Chili, Pannini's and Peanut Butter cake for dessert. 
It was such a fun and cozy night hanging out and watching the kids run around like crazy having fun.





Sunday morning the girls had already worked out with their dad that they would go to pick out donuts.  They also spent some time coloring in turkeys.  I left for the day to do some shopping with my mom, some much needed time away from home since hubby had been gone most of the week before for work.




Today was Kayla's conference with her teacher, as I sat in the car waiting for her to get out of class I heard the principal make her daily end of school day announcement over the loud speaker and one of the announcements was "Congratulations to first grader, Kayla .........., for passing her subtraction tens"  They have timed tests daily and started with addition, she was the first to pass her 1-10's and now she was the first to pass her subtraction 1-10's so she got her name announced.  I was so proud of her I started to cry all while thinking wonderful now I have to go to her conference after I've been crying!
I'm so proud of her, she is so smart and just loves learning and of course her conference went great and the teacher had nothing but wonderful things to say about her.





The week is already half way over and since their are conferences this week Kayla has been getting out early making the day feel like it's over way too fast.  I'm so thankful for cold and cloudy days and rain on the way later this week, it's finally feeling like the holidays around here!

5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Shannon, you are my kind of gal!
Christmas movies and music = love!
Your weekend sounds perfect, and yay for your sweetie to rock those timed tests!

Have a nice evening, friend!

Colleen said...

your night in sounded perfect!! go Kayla! you must be so proud

Kelli said...

Love the last picture!

{cindy} said...

what a great weekend
and I love that canvas on your mantle!!!:) I sooo want to get one of those and quick. maybe even a xmas gift for the parents!!:)
I can't wait to start watching xmas movies. we had the music blaring this morning.
have a happy day shannon

chateaualamode@gmail.com said...

Congrats Miss Kayla...what a cuite pie!