Saturday, December 27, 2014

Twas the Night Before Christmas..

I'm going to keep the words short here because I have a ton of pictures and atleast another 200 to go through for Christmas day so here is a quick look at our Christmas eve,


First things first every morning find our elf, Elfie.  The girls were very sad that this would be Elfie's last day in our home until next year.



oatmeal for breakfast for both of the ladies and while I was busy finishing up my prep work for Christmas day I had a few activities I printed out for the girls to do to keep them busy




last day to open the chocolate advent calendar 



Broolyn's best friends birthday is on Christmas eve so we made a quick trip to her house to drop off a little present and some goodies and then it was back home to make our reindeer food for tonight





time to relax with cookies, milk and a movie





The girls tracked Santa while I set the table for our Christmas eve feast


soon hubby was home and it was time for a drink, Kayla decided to photobomb my picture






dinner is served! 




The girls get 1 present to open on Christmas eve




they loved their babushka dolls


Here's Kayla's interpretation of the dolls faces,


This year the girls made us a Christmas eve present as well.  They both drew our family next to a Christmas tree and they did a great job.  So I remember, Kayla drew the tree, Brooklyn added the decorations to it, Kayla drew daddy and herself on one side and Brooklyn drew her and I on the other side.  Great teamwork I'd say!



After baths and How the Grinch Stole Christmas we got cookies and a carrot ready for our visitors and then it was time for daddy to read, Twas' the Night Before Christmas








After sprinkling the reindeer food on the front lawn and saying goodbye to our elf, Elfie it was time to tuck their little heads into bed.


Brooklyn was excited to get to bed while Kayla wanted to stay up a little bit longer but both girls might have just been the most excited they have ever been in the past!!  Finally after a long and rather quick day it was time for hubby and I to finish off our champagne and watch Christmas Vacation.....



3 comments:

Becca said...

Aww, it is so sweet that the drew a picture for you together! And I love their personalized PJs!

Sheri said...

Awesome! Happy New Year sweet friend. You are one amazing momma and I'm happy that God crossed our paths. xo

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

Looks like your Christmas and New Year were amazing. You always make everything so fun for your girls and it all looks so pretty :)