Saturday, January 30, 2016

Our Last Week of January

I'm really sad this month is over in just a few days.  The next couple of months are going to be jam packed with things to do.  I'm very thankful for our days we had in January, here is a glimpse of our last week of the month.


Last Saturday we went to a birthday party where there were horses on the property.  Kayla spent quite awhile petting this one before Brooklyn and I joined her.  It was one sweet horse.


After that party we headed to my mother in laws to celebrate my birthday.


The girls being crazy waiting for their dinner at their own little table.


We always have more than enough food to eat at my in laws.  This was our starter plate.....it was so delicious!


I'm pretty sure Brooklyn thought the Happy Birthday singing was just for her! 


Sunday I scrubbed and cleaned off the two other antique chairs that we had brought home from my mother in laws.  I love how they look with our kitchen table.  I am worried though how well the fabric is going to last without getting ruined with two kids!  


Sunday night we received a text from Brooklyn's coach that her first practice would be on Monday night.  I will say I was a bit bummed since usually practices begin the first week of February so I thought I had atleast one more week off but Brooklyn was excited to start and it turns out she has a lot of friends on her team so she was happy!


Kayla's first practice was Wednesday which I don't have a picture of.   Both of the girls will practice on Monday and Wednesdays which is good and bad.   It will be nice having the rest of the evenings off at home for awhile but it also is a bummer that I will not be able to enjoy watching Kayla practice since I will be watching Brooklyn at her practice.   Kayla did get an awesome coach this season as well, we really lucked out with both girls getting on good teams.  Hubby is helping coach Kayla's team this season which is one of the reasons we got to get the coach we wanted.  It will be a fun season this year for both the girls and us!


After school this week I set up water color paints for Brooklyn.  She loves to paint so I knew she would be excited to do some painting.  I left her alone for a bit and when I came back in the room she had soaking wet hands from dipping her hands in the water and had attempted to paint all over her face.  I'm glad it was only watercolor paint!  For some reason she has always enjoyed painting or drawing on her body, I though she would be old enough at 6 years old to not do this anymore but apparently not.  This girl, always keeping us on our toes!


This week I've been waking up early to work out so on Thursday I had some extra time and decided to surprise the girls for breakfast and make them chocolate chip pancakes.  They were so excited and when I turned around to put away the orange juice they started clapping.  They told me I got a round of applause for my act of kindness. 


Thursday and Friday this week we had some amazing weather so Brooklyn and I decided to walk/scooter to pick up Kayla from school


Friday was pajama day so I had to get a picture of my girls in their pj's off to school in the morning.


Brooklyn was a cranky puss when I picked her up from Kindergarten on Friday but once I told her I was taking her picture the smiles came and the sad face was gone!


Scootering home
Yay for Friday!!


The girls played with some green slime they got in their party gift bags from Saturday while I made homemade mac n cheese for dinner.


Our last Friday of the month we spent with a movie night watching the second Night at the Museum.  I picked up the cute popcorn seasonings at Target earlier in the morning.  They were selling them with the Valentines day stuff in a pack with popcorn as well.  I thought they would be fun for the girls to top their popcorn with their flavor of choice!


And that's our last week of the month!  We are supposed to get some rain on Sunday which will be perfect to spend the day cuddled up at home.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I love your kitchen chairs...is the table new as well?
Wow what a wonderful appetizer plate!! I love appetizers. They are usually they favorite part of the meal.