Friday, May 27, 2016

May Recap

I can't believe the end of May is just about here!!!  The girls have 3 more days of school left and then it's time for Summer fun.   The entire month of May flew by with softball, birthday parties and a whole lot of school activities going on.  Here are a round up of phone pictures for the month of May. 

It was Hawaiian day so the girls dressed up in their cute flower dresses


Softball seemed to be never ending for Kayla's team this year again. They ended up in 2nd place and Kayla made a new bestie this season.


We've been busy every weekend this month and on one particular Saturday we had two softball games and two parties to be at.  By the time we arrived to our final party of the day hubby and I were ready for a drink!


The last party of that day was at my father in laws for his 60th birthday.  We always have a good time over there!  I think the girls especially love all of the attention and getting to hang out with all of the grown ups!


I took Brooklyn to get lunch at Taco Bell a couple weeks ago.  I'm going to miss having her with me for lunch everyday!  Next year both my girls are at school all day, it is something I'm excited and sad about but I have plans to surprise them at school and take them out to lunch for some one on one time on seperate occasions next year!


Brooklyn went all out this year for teacher appreciation.  This is the card she made for her teacher and her teacher LOVED it!



Speaking of going all out, this is how she likes to go to pick up Kayla.  She is too lazy to put shoes on or take her socks off I guess.  Good thing we just wait in the car for Kayla to get in.


My babies looking cute on their last full week of school this year!


Brooklyn's teacher made these potted succelents and the Thank You card for her class helpers and I love it.  She said the plant is actually cuttings from a plant her father gave her before he got really sick this year, luckily he is doing better but she wanted to give us all something that meant a lot to her and hoped we would one day be able to give cuttings to someone that means a lot to us.  How sweet is that!  I'm really going to miss having a kid in her class, she is so amazing!


After we got our fooseball table last weekend the room was in dissaray until I figured out a new set up and now all is good again although the room definitely needs to be painted and prettied up a bit.  Kayla loves coming in here to watch all her NatGeo shows that Brooklyn and I can't watch because they are either too sad or too gross(no animal surgeries for us!)  Yesterday she came in and set up her snack, water, grabbed a blanket and her pillow and made herself perfectly comfy for the afternoon.


I thought that I would have this week to enjoy my last few free mornings to myself but other than getting a pedicure yesterday I have been running around like crazy and helping at the school.  Today both girls, at seperate times of course received awards at the last awards assembly of the year.
Kayla received the Presidents Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence!!!


and Brooklyn got a Good Citizenship award for an AR level of 2.5!!  She was the highest reader in her class this year.


I'm so proud of these girls, they both are such great students.  I think we will be celebrating with lots of fun all weekend long!  Only a few more hours until we pick up Kayla and get to start our three day weekend.



2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations to your girls on such great achievements!
This school year did indeed fly by...
I am so happy for you all to have three months of togetherness!!!!!
Enjoy, my friend. : )

Tara said...

Yeah for your girls! Looks like May was a wonderful (and full) month! Enjoy your last few days of school girls... and then SUMMER!