Monday, December 5, 2016

Our Christmas Family Room


Last week I shared our master bedroom decorated for Christmas and today I'm sharing our family room.  This is the room that gets the most use in our home except for maybe the kitchen.  In this room you will most likely find a candle always burning and atleast one of us if not all of us snuggled up on the couch watching our favorite Christmas movies.   There are usually toys across the floor and/or board games being played.  Lots of cozy pillows make winter seem a little warmer as well as blankets here and there.


This is the first year I purchased the boxwood wreaths from Trader Joes for the windows.  In the past I have always used fake wreaths to hang so I'm hoping these boxwood wreaths last without looking bad in the next few weeks!




The santa pillow below has a pocket on the other side where the girls put their Christmas lists in for our elf to take up to Santa each year.




I finally purchased new stockings and I say finally because I had been wanting white stockings for the past three years but worried I might miss the red ones.  This year we really needed new ones so when I spotted these fur stockings at Target I snatched them up without even thinking about it and I'm so glad I did.  I love the all white look on the mantle and wish I would have bought them three years ago when I wanted to.




Tonight we are off to pick out our Christmas tree and I can't wait.  Our home will truly feel like Christmas when I can enjoy that amazing smell all day as well as the glow from from the twinkle lights!   I'll be sure to share our living and dining room with you all as soon as the tree is decorated!





6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Shannon,
It's stunning.
You have a gift, my friend.
A gift for making your home both beautiful and cozy.
And...I love your new family picture!

Unknown said...

I love your style! The white is so pretty and crisp!

~ Teri @ www.shhmommysdrinking.com

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Love your home decor so far!! So, so pretty! that mantel is beautiful!!

Tara said...

Looks so peaceful and welcoming. You are a beautiful decorator!

Kelli said...

Love seeing pictures of your home Shannon! Love the white stockings.

DAK said...

Very nice home, thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays!