Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Life Hack!

Goodmorning!  I just wanted to jump on here real quick and share a great tip with you all.
Our front door along with our garage door have been looking pretty shabby and I was dreading the fact that they needed to be repainted so when I recently saw someone on Instagram post a tip that coconut oil rubbed on patio furniture brightens it up and makes it look brand new again.  I tried it on our furniture in the backyard right away and it worked wonderfully so yesterday I was sitting around and it suddenly dawned on me that it might just work on the front door so I filled a bowl with a little coconut oil and grabbed a paper towel and got to work rubbing it all over the door.   It took maybe ten minutes and now our door looks brand new!
 

You can see below the section I had already started but check out the before it was dull and dingy looking.  I even did the planters and it made them look brand new as well.



Amazing, right?!
I'm so glad I don't have to pay for paint nor do I have to actually paint.   I'll be doing the garage door next and I can't wait until that is done and the house looks brand new again.


3 comments:

Kelli said...

That's pretty amazing Shannon...I'm going to try it on my patio table.

Cindy said...

Coconut oil, seriously?! The difference is amazing!

Billie Jo said...

That stuff is amazing!!!!
Who knew??
Looks great, Shannon. : )