Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween 2017

The week is just about over and I haven't even blogged our Halloween pics.  I've been busy putting all the decorations away and going through kids closets in hopes to make room and get ready for a certain favorite holiday that is coming up but first things first it's time to share our Halloween.


The girls were all ready for school wearing their Halloween shirts and Kayla grabbed a bat ring she had.

 

I spent most of the day making a meal and dessert to take to our close friends.  They unfortunately lost a family member over the weekend and we wanted to help anyway we could.  So after I made that I came back home and got the table set for our Halloween dinner.



I picked up the girls and when we came back home there was a treat waiting by the front door for them


Their Noni and Papa Buzz left some treats for the them and they enjoyed opening their gifts.




Both of the girls had a great time at school.  Both of their classes did fun projects and they brought home some cute stuff.   Brooklyn made her hand and learned about her bones.


While Kayla created her own monster and wrote a cute story


We weren't having the family over but I still set up some of the games that I normally do so they could play and entertain themselves while I got started on dinner.



Our pumpkins were barely hanging on!
Kayla's was already mushy and by the end of the night it was disgusting.  I don't know why they didn't last as long as usual this year.



I put the Thriller video on for them to watch.  They both get a kick out of that video.


When I asked everyone what they wanted me to make on Halloween they all agreed that they wanted my homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.   I've always made it for Halloween and I think I always will.



Hubby got home just in time for dinner and look we both match!   We were both wearing the exact same flannel without even planning it.




After dinner the girls changed into their costumes and were ready for me to take pictures








We waited until it got completely dark and we let daddy watch some of the World Series before we went trick or treating.


The girls were perfectly happy because they love handing out candy to all of the trick or treaters



Eventually we left to trick or treat and it was cold compared to normal.  Halloween has always been HOT but last year and this year it has been much cooler which I love because it just feels like Fall to me.  Brooklyn was freezing though so I eventually gave her my jacket and then she was better. 




We were out for maybe an hour and they agreed they were done.   We were home by 7:15 and they spent their time sorting through candy, eating some, handing out more candy and then watching some Halloween shows before heading to bed.




I think handing out candy to the trick or treaters is their favorite thing.  They were so sad when they had to go to bed because they didn't want to miss anyone coming to the door but we had already stopped getting kids and it was almost 9 o clock.  They were so tired Wednesday morning but thankfully we have a weekend free of soccer so there will be plenty of time to rest!


1 comment:

Tara said...

Halloween perfection to me! Shannon, you are a pro at holidays!