Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Goodbye January

Well farewell January you flew by but we definitely enjoyed the slow pace you brought us but we sure wish you would have brought us some more Winter-like weather that's for sure!   We had maybe one really cold week and even woke up to a teeny tiny bit of snow one Saturday morning.  You can barely see a bit of white in the planters under my rose bushes, it was nothing to get excited about.   Today it's in the high 70's here and next week we are supposed to be in the 80's!!  It's crazy, Winter never even showed up this year 😨


But according to our cat it has been perfect weather to be cozy on the couch and sleep all day!


While he has been sleeping we've been up to  school and soccer.   Friday's I help out in Brooklyn's class and on this particular day I walked in to find her taking over the math lesson while her teacher ran out for a quick minute.


Brooklyn and her buddy Annabelle finished with their kindness poster.


During our one weekend of Winter I made a delicious soup to keep us warm and our belly's full.


Papa Russ dropped off some early Valentine's day goodies for the girls.


Kayla had her very first Spring Select practice!!


Last week all of the Love decor came out


Team warm ups were handed out at the first practice and Kayla looked so cute for her second practice all decked out in her gear.


Brooklyn got a big award at school for going above and beyond to always show kindness!  I was so proud of her especially when I saw that there were only about 19 students out of the entire school that received this award.



She really is the sweetest little girl, she's definitely got a heart of gold!



After school her and I went straight to Starbucks to celebrate!  She got to pick out whatever she wanted and we sat and chatted while she enjoyed her caramel frap.  I can't remember the last time I got to sit down and chat with just her.  I'm so used to her and Kayla goofing around together and being silly but this time I got to really see how much she has matured.  It was a bittersweet moment with my baby and I .


This past Saturday hubby and I used a gift card  and headed out for a date night and enjoyed a whole lot of sushi


Then we stopped into Starbucks and ran into the most famous dog of all time, JiffPom.  He was so adorable and I didn't even know it was him until I was talking to the owner and she handed me a card.   I next asked if I could get a picture of him and I because I knew the girls knew who he was and would be jealous.


Seriously, the cutest pup ever!


January has had a lot of home time to play and set up Lego town in the family room


and apparently Kayla has a whole lot of time in the mornings before school to draw faces on balloons and goof around! 


Last night she said she wanted to bake a cake on her own so I picked up an easy box cake and frosting and let her go to town after school. 


So tonight we are ending our month of January with Kayla's first baked cake for dessert.  Not a bad way to say goodbye to January!


2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

What a wonderful month, Shannon.
Congrats to your baby girl!
And also to your soccer star, and baker!
As hard as it is to see your kids grow, they are so much fun as they get older!
Baking and coffee dates and so much more!!!
Have a wonderful start to February!!!
Going to be super cold here!

Cindy said...

It looks like you had a great month! So many things to celebrate!