Sunday, October 28, 2018

Our October Home


I love this time of year!   October is the kick off to the upcoming holidays and there is always so much excitement in our home whether its about Halloween costumes, family gatherings for Thanksgiving and then of course Christmas!   Pulling out all of the bins for each upcoming holiday is sometimes a bit overwhelming for me so I always take it slow and decorate as the month goes.   This year I wasn't sure I would have the time to get the house how I wanted but overall it all came together and our home was decorated for Halloween.  It's always a little different from the year before but I love going through my old pictures and seeing where I put this and where I put that.  Here is a peak into our fun Halloween home decor.  










The girls have been following youtube videos that help them draw.  This month there have been a lot of Halloween drawings.  Kayla gave me this haunted house she drew and I knew it would be the perfect piece to frame for the hallway.












In less than a week the skeletons and jack o lanterns will be packed away!  Of course the pumpkins will still be around but soon enough it will be Christmas in our home!

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Love your Halloween home, Shannon!
It is our favorite time of year, my friend!!!

Kelli said...

I love a,, if your decorations make. I love your collection of bottles in the lantern. I can't believe this month is almost over!

Anonymous said...

Good post. October means we just shifted our abode to a new place. He, being a staff of a packers and movers, the moving was smooth. Halloween celebration here a new experience, the whole community volunteered it, unlike being a household one. we enjoyed it.