Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thanksgiving Break


We've almost made it through our week back to reality after having the week of Thanksgiving off.  It was so nice having an entire week off and all of us being off together.  It was definitely a little tease of what's to come when we get three weeks off this year for Christmas! 


The Friday before break Brooklyn had twin day at school and her and her besties came up with their outfits to match.  They looked so cute!


Kayla had a fun day on Friday as well and got to participate in her schools Turkey Trot.   She was excited all week and was really hoping to win a turkey.  When Brooklyn and I pulled up to the school I saw her in the distance and asked Brooklyn, "Is Kayla actually carrying a turkey?"  We laughed so hard and I'm pretty sure I'll remember seeing her lugging a turkey while she crossed the street forever!   As soon as she got in she exclaimed, "carrying the dang turkey was way more work than actually doing the Turkey Trot!" 


Saturday we left to go camping and then came back home Tuesday afternoon.   Wednesday morning the girls and I headed out to run some errands and when we stopped into Marshall's I saw all of this amazing Rae Dunn goodness!   I controlled myself and only bought two mugs and they are going to be for camping so it was a justified purchase because my family knows the last thing I need in the world is another coffee mug!


While we were out and about I let the girls use their gift cards to get Peppermint Fraps.  I refrained from getting one but they gave me a few sips and oh my goodness if Christmas was in a cup these would be it!


 Thursday was spent celebrating Thanksgiving with family and then Friday we pulled out all of the Christmas decorations! 


I might have had a smile on my face the entire day, well there was atleast an hour that I was stressed over the decorating but other than that it was perfect!  Christmas Carols playing, the girls were outside helping daddy hang the lights and I got to spend hours decorating for Christmas.  It was my favorite especially when I pulled out the decor my girls have made over the years.


 When I was all done, showered and in a clean pair of pajamas because it's vacation time and we spend the day in pajamas, I poured myself some wine and relaxed.


 We ordered a pizza and then watched one of our favorite Christmas movies, Home Alone.


 Saturday was another lazy day at home, the girls played together and I did a lot of online shopping.  We did decide to get dress to go out to dinner though.


Then it was back home to cuddle right back on the couch.   Our kitty Vinnie used to be my best buddy but lately he is all about daddy.  I think he's mad at me because I'm not home with him during the day anymore but I sure don't like that my kitty has taken to hubby more than me lately.


Sunday morning the girls were happy to see that Elfie had finally arrived!  He had apparently gotten into the leftover Halloween candy and made a bit of a mess all over his face.



Since Sunday was our last morning together before back to reality we enjoyed eating a slow breakfast all together.


Then the girls were back to playing, creating or hanging out with Squiggles. 



Only two more weeks until we are off again!


1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

The perfect way to spend your days, Shannon.
Your home looks lovely, and I know exactly how you feel pulling out those decorations and setting them up, then snuggling on the couch to enjoy them.
Your girls are precious as always!
And yay! It's our favorite time of year again!!!