Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was unusually cold which made for a perfect sleep in cozy morning.  Brooklyn came in soon enough to give us her adorable Thanksgiving card she made at school.  


Once we got up and opened the windows I was surprised to see so many sweet Finches eating away.  I had bought food a few weeks ago and was certain it was going to hang full forever but they most of found it this week while we were gone camping because they finished it all by the end of the day.  I loved waking up and seeing so many birds right next to our back slider.


While we listened to the birds eat we enjoyed pumpkin cinnamon rolls.   Nothing homemade just purchased from good ole Trader Joe's.



I love Thanksgiving morning but this year was so perfect with it being cold outside, cozy inside and watching the Macy's day parade while the girls played 


So thankful for these crazy morning hair girls


While I painted my nails for the day the girls took turns reading our Thanksgiving books.




We only had one stop to make today so there was no need to be rushed out the door.  The girls were good sports when I asked them to pose in front of the fireplace holding the Thankful sign.


As soon as we arrived at my parents house the eating began!


My nephew looked so handsome.


My grandmother and I. 
Beyond thankful to have her celebrating another Thanksgiving with us.  I have the greatest memories of  huge Thanksgivings at her home.   She will always be the best hostess of all time!


Brooklyn and Jonas are so cute. They play so well together and Brooklyn just loves playing with her little cousins.


Kayla helped peel all of the potatoes for our feast





My mom got the littles set up to help with dinner as well.



My niece found the swim goggles and enjoyed wearing them throughout the day


and Jonas thought Brooklyn's boots fit perfectly


Soon enough it was time to eat and just like always I over ate the appetizers so I never went back for seconds which I now regret!


Brooklyn just needs her gravy and she'll be ready to dig in.


After dinner these three played Simon Says for a very long time.  They had so much fun.


Kayla stopped to read to Josie


Eventually it was time to drive our full bellies back home.   It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I was so happy we were all together to celebrate.



No comments: