Thursday, December 13, 2018

Borreggo Springs Camping Part II

Our next day in Borrego Springs we woke up and headed out to hike Slot Canyon.


It was hard to find which we knew it would be so after not being able to find it we turned off the road and hubby ran in to ask for directions.  He came back to the truck and said we needed to all go in because they had a lot of cool stuff inside that we would like.   It was perfect, the girls loved looking at everything and we spent quite awhile hanging out.



Eventually we left and went on to find our hiking spot.


I was both excited and nervous to hike this spot.  The pictures online looked amazing but I was worried about being claustrophobic because in some spots the caves were very narrow.










It was very pretty!









Below you can see how narrow they got, we had to squeeze through and take off backpacks to get through.  There was climbing and jumping and it quickly became our favorite hike we have ever done.





The girls have gotten to the point where they complain every time we say we are going to go on a hike but nobody complained during this hike.   Both of them loved it and had a great time so note to self all of our hikes must include some climbing!  Brooklyn LOVED it, she's always been a climber so we should've know. 










Showing off her "poop" award from the discovery center where we had stopped in to get directions.  They got to match the animal to the "poop" and got a sticker if they got it right.   Proud mom moment 😉








I never felt claustrophobic which I was surprised with I think I was too excited.  It was a lot of fun waiting to see what was coming next!






Happy girls at the end of their hike


We drove back to the trailer afterwards and grabbed a snack, poured a drink and back to the pool we went.   Hubby and I soaked in the hot tub while the girls swam.



Later that night we went out to eat and played games while we waited for our food.




The next morning the girls and I got the trailer cleaned up while daddy took care of cleaning up the outside.  When the girls were done they hung out inside with me and they sat and chatted, they were talking about boys and giggled and laughed the entire time.  I loved every single second of hearing them talk.  It was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  I love their bond and how close they are.



Us girls were done so we took some selfies while daddy finished up.



We then loaded up in the car and started our drive home.



This might have been one of the most relaxing camping trips we've had.  I felt so refreshed after we got home and it really felt like a vacation to me!






No comments: