Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Cookie Decorating with Friends


For the past few years I've wanted to throw a little cookie decorating party for the girls and a few of their close friends but every year goes by and we just couldn't find the time so this year when I found out that the girls would have three whole weeks off of school I knew we could make it work!




I stocked up on decorating goodies as I saw them throughout the past month and the girls and I cut and baked the cookies over the weekend together.   I laughed out loud when I pulled out my cookie cutters and saw how small they were.  It had been a long time since we have decorated Christmas cookies and the cookies looked a whole lot bigger in their little hands back then.  I'll definitely be buying bigger cookie cutters for next year.



When all of the girls had arrived they sat around the tree and had a little gift exchange. 






Then they moved to the kitchen, I poured them some hot cocoa and they got to work decorating their cookies.


Kayla and her friends were loud and talked the entire time


While Brooklyn and her friend were very quite.  After they were done decorating they were much more talkative and giggly.  They spent most of their time at the table listening intently to every word the big girls said.





They decorated cookies for about an hour while listening to Christmas carols and then watched some of Home Alone until they all played a game together.   One of Kayla's friends had to leave a little early and after that the older two were in Kayla's room being girls and the younger two were playing video games.



Kayla and Brooklyn said it was so much fun and as soon as the last girl left Kayla immediately exclaimed, "thank you so much mommy!"   I loved having them all here and getting to hear them talk and laugh hysterically all day.  They both said they wanted to do it again next year so it sounds like a fun new tradition has begun.

No comments: