Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Weekend Recap

Friday morning started bright and early but I was happy because it was the last day of school for the next three weeks!   I enjoyed my chai latte in my favorite spot while the girls ate their breakfast.


A quick pic of my girls before they were off to school.


We dropped off Kayla first and then Brooklyn and I went to school together.  I was excited to help with her class party and spend the morning hanging out with her and her third grade friends.


First up there were bagels and then the kids decorated sugar cones to make them look like Christmas trees.







It was lots of fun hanging out with this cutie but it was time to go pick up my other favorite girl so a quick hug goodbye and I was off.



Kayla got out at around noon and since it was lunch I let her choose where she wanted to eat.  She chose Sonic so that's where we went.   We hung out in the car and chatted while we waited for our lunch to arrive.



After lunch it was time to get Brooklyn and we were all excited that Winter Break had officially begun.   Brooklyn and I made sure to cheers with some egg nog just like we have done for the past two years.


Once daddy came home from work we loaded up and went to eat at Heroe's.  We love this place and the girls do as well because they serve peanuts and it's okay to throw the shells on the ground.   The food is delicious too!



We had lots of fun and the girls did too until they got a little out of control.   At one point we looked at Kayla and she had peanut shells all over her head and then later I took the girls to the restroom and they both were buckled over laughing hysterically because Brooklyn had hid peanut shells in her mittens.  I couldn't help but laugh out loud with them.


After our crazy dinner we walked over to the Mission Inn to enjoy the lights.  It was crowded and we were sad to see that this year they didn't have any reindeer.


We spent some time looking around an antique store and I loved seeing all of the vintage Christmas decorations.


One of us was over it and wanted to go home



We eventually left and headed home and by the looks of it these two had an exhausting Friday.


Saturday morning our community was hosting their annual Winter Wonderland and the girls were excited for some sledding, snow ball fights and hot cocoa.


The girls took off as soon as we arrived and I headed over to get some hot apple cider to enjoy while they played.





Brooklyn was happy she nailed me with a snowball.






It was a lot of fun until Brooklyn took a snowball to the nose.  Kayla accidentally hit her and it began to bleed.....A LOT!   At one point I thought it was broken and we were about to take her to the hospital but thankfully it began to slow down a bit.  We were very thankful it was okay.



Saturday afternoon the girls and I cut and baked sugar cookies together.


 Christmas baking messes are my favorite!


Sunday morning we were out the door early to go visit with Santa.  We arrived early so we could beat the crowds and we were happy to see that it worked.  We enjoyed the entire mall with not too many people the whole time we were there.




We stopped to eat lunch and then did some more shopping.





Sunday afternoon we went to my in laws for Sunday night dinner.   


We enjoyed a normal Italian Sunday night feast!




It was all so good!


We aren't all together on Christmas so we exchanged a few gifts and enjoyed watching the kids open theirs.




The night ended with my father in law reading T'was the Night Before Christmas.



The weekend was busy and any other time I more than likely may have been a bit overwhelmed having so much going on but this weekend was so perfect because it was filled with so much Christmas fun!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Happy Christmas Vacation!
Love your family weekend filled with so much Christmas fun.
That Italian dinner looks AMAZING!
Enjoy these Christmas days with your beautiful girls Shannon.
Hugs from Pennsylvania!