Thursday, January 31, 2019

January Recap

Normally I'm wondering what happened to the past month but January seems to have lasted forever over here!  I'm not quite sure if it's because of the first week being part of Winter Break, or the fact that we got another week off to vacation in Hawaii.  It just seems like it's been January forever.  It was a good month so I can't complain that it lasted so long.  The last time I blogged was about our Winter Break fun which lasted through the first week of January until we had to head back to reality.   I normally work three days out of the week but the first week back I worked the full five days and let me tell you I was definitely missing my home time!   At one point a sweet little girl came up to me and handing me a flower that she said she picked for me and it made my day.   Such a little and sweet gesture from a little girl that wasn't even in my class, she just wanted to be kind.  One of the reasons I love working with the younger kids so much.


Once we were all back to our school/ work schedules our sweet kitty was definitely missing all of us being home all day to spoil him with love so Brooklyn tried to make up for it with lots of kitty kisses one night.   Not sure if he enjoys all of the attention from her but she sure loves him.


I walked into the family room after school on the first Wednesday back and saw this.  She laid there for awhile and I'm pretty sure we all felt the same that whole week.


Friday night finally arrived and we of course celebrated with a movie night.   Kayla loves Jack Black and School of Rock was a huge hit with our girls.


More loving on our Vinnie



We were leaving for Hawaii in a few days and I wanted to see if we could find Kayla some cute outfits for our trip.  She hates shopping so I had to entice her with a burger from Sonic to get her to go shopping with me.


Milkshakes for dessert on a Saturday night


and while they enjoyed those milkshakes hubby and I drank our shakes.   We both decided to do a juice cleanse a few days before our vacation.  I can't say this was delicious but I will say I felt great while doing and afterward so I would definitely do this again but maybe not this exact one because, yuck!


It was finally Tuesday which meant we would be heading to Hawaii the next morning.   When I picked up Brooklyn from school she walked over to me so fast and said, "I've been waiting for this moment all day!"  and here is her face when we got in the car.  I'm pretty sure she was super excited!


After school the girls got their backpacks packed up and ready for our trip.


Our vacation was perfect and I have lots of photos to share with you all once I finally get some time to go through them all.   When we arrived home it was around 1 am so we all took the day off and enjoyed sleeping in.   I had to go grocery shopping since we obviously needed food and the girls came along to get a special treat with me afterwards.


Everyone was back to school and work last Thursday but I decided I wanted one more day plus I was coming down with a bad cold so a relaxing trip to Trader Joe's sounded like the perfect way to take it easy.


I stocked up on lots of flowers and pineapple items(take me back to Hawaii please!)


That night Brooklyn had her soccer pizza party where she received the Offensive Player of the Year Award.


She had such a great season and I know for sure we are going to miss her coaches!  They have been our favorite coaches we've ever had.  Brooklyn learned so much this season and did so well on the field.


I went back to work on Friday at Brooklyn's school and had a great day but Saturday morning I felt awful.  It was definitely a stay home and relax all day for me.


The girls spent all day/weekend playing together.  This was their stage they set up while their Calico Critters put on a play for the audience.  They had auditions earlier in the day for each critter and it was the cutest thing.


They weren't happy with my picture taking but it was too cute not to capture.  Certain moments just need to be remembered.


Sunday I was feeling much better so I made a quick trip to Home Depot in hopes to get some flowers for the front porch.  There wasn't much to choose from but I took what I could get and it looks much better with a little color added in.


We are supposed to be getting lots of rain this weekend which is fine with me because we have a schedule full of nothing so a rainy weekend sounds perfect.  Fingers crossed the month of February is just as relaxing as January was.

4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

So much to love here, Shannon.
Your girls are so lovely.
Please tell Kayla that I share her dislike of shopping!
I too go only for the food!
And congratulations to Brooklyn!!! What an honor!!!
I cannot wait to share your vacation with you and hope you are feeling better.
Enjoy your cozy, rainy weekend,y friend!

Anonymous said...

I agree it has been a loooong month!
I keep going back and forth about doing a juice cleanse. I could probably only do a two day one. Im just not sure if I would follow through with it.
I cant wait to see your pictures from Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what happened but I think I was on Juliana's account when I left my comment...

Kelly said...

If don't mind me asking, do your cats have claws? If so, what material is your furniture and how does it hold up to scratching? We are debating getting a cat and are hesitant because of the scratching on furniture. Thanks, Kelly