Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Wrapping up 3rd Grade

Back in the beginning of May Brooklyn had her last field trip of the year to Gilman Springs Ranch.  This is one of my favorite field trips so I was happy to tag a long with Brooklyn.




It smelled heavenly next to this tree.


Brooklyn's class split into two teams and they had a race to see which team could hand wash and hang up their clothes on the clothes line the fastest.  This was of course their favorite part of the field trip.



They also loved mining for gold.


At one point I realized I was following this girl all around like a puppy dog.   She's the one that begged me to be there and I swear whenever I got close to her she was running off to another spot with friends.  My little girl is definitely growing up!


Half way through May Brooklyn reached her 1 million words read and received her Million Word Club shirt and award.   She worked really hard this year to make this and we were so proud of her.


I think Brooklyn was beyond proud to have her daddy at her school during Career Week.   In fact on the day he was there she didn't leave his side.  I kept asking her all about the other presenters who had set up tables and she knew nothing about them because she didn't look at any of them.  She said that daddy's was the best set up and all of the kids liked it the best so that made her very happy.


She loves him so much!



Brooklyn ended out the year receiving an Outstanding Character Award from her teacher.


Here is what her teacher wrote about her,
"Brooklyn has worked hard all year to give her best effort in all she does!  She is a positive, kind and responsible student.  Her peers can always look to her for help and as an example of what it means to be amazing!  Keep up the hard work Brooklyn!"


Here she is with her bestie sporting their new matching BFF eraser bracelets.


She's been waiting so long for Summertime but the other day she said she was kind of sad because she was going to miss her friends too much.  I told her she's only going to be away from them for 8 short weeks before school is back which I hope is good for her because 8 weeks is way too short for me!!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations to your girl, Shannon!
I am not one bit surprised at her award!
So happy for summer break.
Just wish when they go back they didn't have to keep moving to higher grades!
Happy summer, my friend!