Tuesday, June 4, 2019

May

May is always one of our busiest months out of the year.  We have multiple family birthday parties, mother's day and of course all of the end of year school activities.   We are definitely never bored during this month!


I love capturing little moments of the girls playing and when I stumbled upon this scene I had to grab my camera.


She was reading her book to her favorite friend, Milly while she took her bath.  She had Milly all set up with a towel and washcloth too.



We were so excited to kick off the month with a pool day!  The girls love swim days with their Papa Russ.




Brooklyn was pretty excited to find a watermelon hat to match her swimsuit!


Hubby and I were happy to squeeze in a mid week date night to see a favorite country band playing nearby




Kayla had her last 6th grade dance of the year and it was a glow party so the girls all painted some glow designs on their face.  She has had such a great year and I couldn't be more thankful for that.


Our community always has so many fun events and even though our Saturday was jam packed we fit in a walk over to the Summer carnival to check it out before we were off to a birthday party.



While we waited in line for our free In N Out there was a magician who entertained us all.


He was awesome with the girls and blew our minds a few times.  



This year there was a reptile petting zoo.  Kayla was happy and has not let us forget how much she wants a pet snake!   Never gonna happen in my house that's for sure.





We walked back home after about an hour so the girls could change into their swimsuits and head over to a friends birthday party


Caught a picture of Brooklyn falling off the raft at just the right time!


After a few hours of swimming and hanging out with friends we drove back home and all showered.  The girls were then dropped off at the grandparents so hubby and I could go and watch his brother's band play.



 The next afternoon I made the girls their Unicorn Fraps they got in their Easter baskets and they were delicious!


We have had so much rain this month!
Cali refused to go out because it was raining HARD so I had to follow the dog out with a giant umbrella and she still decided the grass was too soggy and wet so she used the planter instead.


I was so happy to have a warm and clear morning to enjoy my coffee outside!


Oh look!  A downpour out of nowhere as soon as I got out of the car to pick up Brooklyn. 
 Crazy Weather!


On the last day of the month we surprised the girls with a trampoline.   This is my attempt to make sure they are outside more and so far it has been working.   I'm looking forward to Summer days and nights spent watching these two jump!




Only 2 more days of school and then it's Summertime!

No comments: