Tuesday, July 2, 2019

June Recap

We started out June finishing up school before Summer vacation.  The girls also got a new trampoline which they were excited to use first thing on the morning of June 1st!


We went to see the movie Aladdin which we ALL loved so much!


But we definitely will not be seeing this when it comes out!


A cousins high school graduation party was a fun night.


The girls had a great time playing with cousins they don't always see.




Weekend mornings are the best


My mom and I went to the Cherry Festival which is held every year in our town to see Wynona Judd.



We said our goodbyes to hubby's grandma and one of the girls great grandmas


I did a lot of stocking up on groceries before the girls last day of school.  Obviously it is Summertime/Camping season.  Just look at all of that junk!!


Kayla got out very early the last few days of school which meant we got to go out to lunch.  She said she wanted sushi and I was beyond excited to have a sushi lunch date with her.


Afterwards we walked over to the yogurt shop to get dessert.


We picked up one for Brooklyn to surprise her at pick up.


This girl puts so much effort into her food always adding fruit to her drinks or creating amazing sandwiches.   Here she is with her own lil' cocktail joining me on the patio.


Peony season is over here in California but I sure enjoyed them the few weeks they were here!


Our first Saturday of Summer was spent in Palm Springs swimming of course



Another sushi meal but this time we all went.


An easy Friday night meal, nachos on the patio in between jumping on the trampoline.


Found the perfect mug for my Fall Saturday mornings but decided to use it now since the World Cup has been airing in this home for the last few weeks.


We had some errands to run but stopped for In N Out first before taking the girls shopping for some necessities as well as toys they wanted to buy.  


Another simple Summer meal.


Our mornings were overcast and cool the first few weeks of June so I took advantage of them and we all went for morning walks or bike rides for them


and sometimes scooters.


Summer reading everyday or no tablet time.
This year no one has complained about taking an hour a day to read.


They also know they must play outside daily and watching them play every evening is one of my favorite parts of the day.


I snapped this picture of Brooklyn because she just looked so comfortable.


Enjoying dessert after a fun meal with their papa.



Daddy brought out his old matchbox car collection and the girls had fun going through all of them with him.



Morning Views


Kayla drawing and Brooklyn playing with cars


So I tend to overload our Summer and most of it is with camping and then there is the 4th of July party.  Now I love all of it but both require a lot of planning and running around so I feel like my Summer I wait all year for is anything but relaxing so on this particular day I was ecstatic that it was mid afternoon and I was in my pajamas, reading a book in bed with an iced latte.  Hoping to find more lazy days to spend in pajamas around here!


Family movie night and pizza!


Found a new Sangria for the 4th of July and was happy to test it a few times.


The girls and I headed to the movies to see Life with Pets 2.  It was another cute movie and I'm so happy we have a few more movies to catch this Summer together.




1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of their great-grandma.
Your summer cooking looks amazing!!!
And yes, I know what you mean about lazy days. We go on a big trip in the summer and it takes a lot of planning and running around and planning... I love when I'm not 'working on' that trip and can chill!
Wishing you a wonderful 4th party! And many lazy days of summer still ahead of you!