Thursday, July 11, 2019

Fourth of July

I just finished packing up and cleaning the house after our annual 4th of July party so I thought it was about time to blog about the day as well!



I really enjoyed my decor this year!
I purchased a few new items and went through the old and got rid of some that had seen better days.  This sign below about why the flag blows in the wind is my very favorite new addition!


Lots of goodies were ready for the kids!
I need to remember that I have enough glow sticks for next year because I just keep buying more and more every year and it's beginning to pile up.



We had lots of snacks this year, more people stopping by meant more food, right?


This year was the coolest 4th of July ever for us!  I think it was in the low 80's which is crazy because we are usually sweating to death with it being in the high 90's on this day.   Snow cones were still needed though.


We are always prepared with an assortment of beverages.


The girls were ready to party!




It was cool enough to jump on the trampoline mid day!







My dad and brother playing corn hole.   We always have games some are for prizes and some are just for fun.


I can't remember why they were all smooshed in the closet together but they sure were having fun.


Water balloon toss time




We have our first set of winners!



a water balloon fight always happens afterward





Silly string for the kids! 
A side note that this is the last time I will ever buy silly string.   For years we have done this but the last two times I have purchased silly string it has been impossible to get out.  Both of the girls outfits along with my shirt were ruined after this so heads up on using at your own discretion.




Sack races were up next



The kids wanted their own race after so they could try and win a prize.




hot and sweaty calls for a snow cone to cool off.



Annual fireball shots



our faces afterward, lol


Time for some sparklers before we head over to watch the fireworks.



The only sparkler held by Brooklyn, yup she's still afraid of them.



All ready to see the fireworks and I love that Brooklyn brought Millie in the dress I quickly made years ago for one of her baby dolls.



Fourth of July was not my favorite this year, it may have been the weather.  It wasn't as hot as usual so it felt more like a Spring party to me or it could have been a number of other things.  It happens which is fine because there is always next year and hey it'll be Halloween before you know it which means another party to be thrown!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I love your decorations. Last year as each holiday passes I cleaned out my decorations. I got rid of most of my July 4th decorations and did t get around to buying many new ones..next year.
You know I have found as my kids have gotten older holidays are different and I am trying to find. Ew ways to enjoy them...it's hard though.
I always enjoy reading about your 4th of July party.