Sunday, February 9, 2020

January Recap

January is always the longest month ever atleast it feels that way.  Somehow with however long it felt I took absolutely no time to blog for the most part.   I'm trying to stay on top of things but life just gets in the way but for the most part I want to be able to come back here and see what our lives were like at certain times so I keep up with it as much as I can.   Even though we are a week into February now I've got to wrap up what our January looked like before carrying on with our days now so here goes....

The day after we got back from Nashville Winter Break was officially over but that Monday we decided we needed a ditch day and all spent the day at home together which was perfect because I missed my girls and just being home, all four of us.


I also needed to get in as many kitten snuggles as possible.


We were home just about every weekend in January so there was a lot of cooking going on and I realized having three furbabies searching for food droppings can be a bit annoying.



Yummy dinners followed by easy desserts!


One of our antique kitchen chairs finally bit the dust so it was time to buy new ones.   Thankfully World Market was having a great sale and I got the four chairs I had always wanted.


Brooklyn loves her kittens so much, she made a little bed out of a box and pillow she had and loved the fact that June actually enjoyed using it everyday.  Although now she has her door shut at all times if we aren't home and even at night.  She is fed up with them waking her up each night and said she can't sleep in and for some reason they got into so many things in her room and ruined them.  They've eaten her bracelets, toys and even knocked off just about everything on her dresser.   It's funny but not so funny, they haven't bothered any other room but for some reason Brooklyn's room was where they go wild.


Some simple frozen cookies thrown in the oven for a Friday night dessert while I enjoyed my dessert is the perfect way to start the weekend.


January weekends in California have been amazing and nice enough for us to enjoy lots of family walks/bike rides.   Kayla found a dart along the way and decided to stick it to her helmet for the ride.


Soccer has been over for over a month and Kayla finally had her team party.  Brooklyn kept us entertained while Kayla was off bowling with her team.





The cousins came over for a few hours on Martin Luther King day and they had fun jumping on the trampoline for a bit.


Two kittens holding paws!


Unfortunately I had jury duty this month and got called in, thankfully I was released by noon!!!


Our sweet old pooch, Cali.


We cut back all of the rose bushes a couple of weeks ago but I grabbed a few that were left to enjoy inside.


Every weekend the girls ask for daddy to make his waffles.   For awhile hew was making them every weekend but now it's more of a special treat so Brooklyn was extra excited to finally be having waffles on this Sunday morning.


Lazy morning kitty cuddles


Another weekend, another bike ride


These two, 
holding hands while riding together.
I love them so much!


A trip to our favorite brewery for dinner and drinks


It was Kindness week at school and Brooklyn held a kindness sign to greet all the kids at drop off.


The 100th day of school the kids were supposed to dress up as a 100 year old.   Brooklyn said she wanted to dress up and had everything ready but as always she changed her mind on her outfit and was throwing a fit that I needed to help her pick out something to wear.  I told her she was on her own because I was getting ready for work.  She finally found her outfit and then I quickly gave her some wrinkles and sprayed some gray in her hair before we were out the door.


Off to work in my 
100 Days of Making a Difference tee
except lets be honest I definitely haven't worked 100 days this year but it was still sweet that the teacher I work with had given me a shirt to wear for the 100th day of school.


Back at home,
Brooklyn gathers a kitten or two to read with everyday as soon as she gets home.  Sometimes they stick around sometimes they don't.  This afternoon they looked quite happy and cozy hanging out.


Warm afternoons after school call for playing outside.


Pajama day at school and Brooklyn planned to match with her "little sister" as she refers to her.


She's known her since she was a baby and they adore each other.


It was family reading day and I spent the morning ready with both of the girls since her mom and dad were unable to be there.


I tried out a healthier dessert and made some delicious hazelnut brownies.


My father in law came by for dinner so we enjoyed some appetizers and wine while we waited for dinner


The girls had a blast playing with his puppy, Baxter



Baxter enjoyed showing off all of his tricks to his new friends.


January finally came to an end and now February is already flying by.   The girls have a week off of school coming up this month and we can't wait to just do nothing together plus we get to celebrate Valentine's day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're looking to lose kilograms then you absolutely have to start following this totally brand new personalized keto diet.

To create this keto diet service, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional cooks joined together to develop keto meal plans that are productive, decent, economically-efficient, and fun.

From their launch in 2019, 100's of clients have already completely transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a proper keto diet can offer.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-tested ones provided by the keto diet.