Tuesday, March 24, 2020

St. Patrick's Day


I had purchased a few St. Patrick's day treats long before we were told to stay at home so even though I had plenty of time to make a fun green, healthier breakfast I decided we would be using what we had already planned on eating to save ingredients plus we rarely have sugary cereals in the house so it was a nice little treat for us all!


Our female kitty was spayed the day before so we spent most of the morning and day watching her closely and giving her some extra attention.



Lunch called for green smoothies full of spinach, strawberries and bananas.



I was thankful to have a clover cookie cutter so I could bake sugar cookies for the girls to decorate together.


This was a perfect way to some time and keep them busy and I already had everything on hand.





When it got close to dinnertime Chris and I enjoyed an Irish beverage.


The girls were off playing and I started on dinner.  This year we were having bangers and mash with gravy.  It was fairly easy to make and we all liked it for the most part.  The gravy was a little salty which was weird cause there was not much salt added.   Next year I'll most likely go back and make an Irish beef stew that I made the previous year.   So far that has been our favorite for a St. Patrick's day dinner.


St. Patrick's day was a nice break in our first week being off from school and work.   Chris has been working from home so we are all together which is nice.   It's taken us some time to figure out daily scheduling, atleast for me.  The girls are happy playing all day in pajamas which has been part of the problem because they don't want to do anything else.  Having St. Patrick's day gave us a little bit of fun to celebrate in between the uncertainty of life right now.





2 comments:

tara said...

How fun! I love the cookies!

Cindy said...

I hope your kitty continues to get better. Those cookies are so cute! I just never think of making cookies that we can decorate, such a good idea. Your girls are really maturing. It seems every time you post they're a lot older, more like women!