Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Stay Home ~ Week 3


Last week which was week 3 of staying home we started some learning at home which came with a bit of a daily schedule.   Kayla and Brooklyn don't really have work from their teachers.  The district is not doing much which I feel conflicted about but both of the girls are extremely smart so I'm not too worried about them falling behind at all.   Brooklyn's teacher however is doing her best to send a few things to keep the kids occupied and they have weekly zoom meetings together.   By the end of the week Kayla's math teacher began sending online worksheets for them to complete which has been great!   Before we began school on Monday though we enjoyed our weekend which included a yummy breakfast before we headed out to get some yard work taken care of. 



The girls did some more chalk art in the driveway



while we pulled weeds and pulled out some plants in the front yard. 



Afterwards we rewarded ourselves with chips and guacamole and I made myself a margarita to enjoy as well.   Sunny, warm days are like gold over here lately so if it's nice outside I make sure we are out in the yard as much as possible.


After the girls played outside all day they showered, we ate dinner and then they enjoyed brownie ice cream sundaes.


Sunday night the rain was back and we stayed cozy and enjoyed a delicious Sausage and Tortellini soup for dinner.


My snuggle buddy


Another one of Kayla's besties would be celebrating her 13th birthday on Monday so we stopped by to leave her some birthday wishes with chalk so she could wake up to a special surprise.



Monday morning daddy headed into work to gather some more supplies for working at home and the girls and I got settled into our first day of school at home.


The day went smooth and the girls worked hard and when I asked them to do some writing they both went above and beyond of what I asked of them.  I was extremely proud!


After they were done with our morning session I made lunch and we ate outside together followed by the girls playing on the trampoline for a bit.  After they headed back in to do some math and reading.  


Since Chris was already out he picked up us dinner on the way home.   I was so thankful for a night of no cooking and to have a cheeseburger which I had been craving for weeks!


Tuesday morning this one was READY for school and excited for the day.  Kayla on the other hand was not, she had a rough two days last week which is fine because none of this is what they are used to.   Last week I think she hit the point where she realized she really missed school and her friends.   I also realized that the girls have completely different learning styles so trying to balance that out has been rough for Kayla.  Brooklyn loves to be creative and Kayla just wants to get to the point and carry on.  By Thursday things were better and all was well again! 


Family walks have still been happening with stops to find Tommy of course.


When it's been warm enough my days have ended on the back patio with magazines and sometimes a cocktail to enjoy.


Having us all out back together is my favorite



I was excited that it was somewhat warm enough for us to eat outside together even if it was just that one night.  More will come...soon hopefully!


This little guy makes me so happy, he reminds me so much of our late Vinnie and I love having so much time to cuddle up with him.


Friday morning I walked out to find these two cuddled up watching 101 Dalmatians.   We got Disney+ and they have been enjoying watching all of the classic Disney movies.


Brooklyn did amazing this week.   Her attitude has been so cheerful and happy.   She thrives of a schedule and I can tell she is so thankful for our new learning schedule.  The other night when I tucked her into bed I told her I would see her tomorrow at school and she said "yay, I can't wait to have school tomorrow with my mommy as my teacher"  Love her sweetness so much.


Good thing the tooth fairy is still working because Brooklyn lost a tooth last week and she was happy to find some money waiting for her when she woke up.


Our Friday night was pizza night and we all watched the movie Onward together.  It was a very cute movie and a perfect way to end our week 3 of staying home together.



1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm glad your girls are doing well with school at home. I expect it hasn't been easy for them to suddenly be away from their friends. :( What a great idea to leave surprise chalk messages for her friends birthday! Very creative.