Monday, May 18, 2020

Mother's Day Weekend

The celebrating began on Friday night when Chris brought home take out and a bottle of sparkling Rose'.


We enjoyed Panda Express and Brooklyn was happy to wear her new hand me down pj's which were panda pj's and meant to be worn whenever we eat Panda Express just as Kayla used to do.  She also brought all of her pandas and Millie out of course.



Saturday we spent the day in Palm Springs at my father in laws swimming and snacking


One of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday


Sunday morning I woke up to a table filled with Mother's day gifts from the girls and Chris.


I was made a yummy breakfast


and got to open my presents.


Brooklyn wrote me the sweetest poem all on her own and I loved it!!!


She also took it upon herself to create this adorable butterfly and she even cut out her face from a picture of her and her late hamster Squiggles just so she could use it for this.  I know how much those pictures mean to her so this touched my heart so much.


Kayla's card cracked me up when I opened it and saw her handmade bee pop up!


Later in the afternoon we drove out to my parents to visit with them for a bit and then we drove over to my sister in laws for homemade pizzas.


The cousins had lots of fun playing together!


We ate so much yummy food and had a great time seeing everyone since it had been awhile since we had all been together.






I love these girls so much and I'm so thankful that I get to be their mom!



1 comment:

Kelli said...

It looks like you had a great day shannon! I love the cute cards and your coffee mug.
I have not tried that Rose before...I need to look for it.