Friday, March 26, 2021

Back to Campus

 Last Monday this girl got to go back to campus!


To say she was excited was an understatement.  She talked non stop about the big day and could not wait to be back in the classroom even if it was only two days a week and only for two hours!  Not ideal but we will take anything right about now. 


She wouldn't even wait in the forever long drop off line she begged to just get out of the car so she could run up to the gates and wouldn't miss a minute of time seeing friends.  I sat in the line with no kid just so I could watch her and make sure she made it to the actual campus safely.  
I cried, 
seeing her so excited and knowing how much she needed this, 
for the sweet kids walking around having to wear masks and for all of the poor mama's dropping off those little kindergartener's off at school for the very first time.  It's all too much for these kids and it's breaking my heart.


When I picked her up from school she said she couldn't wait until tomorrow and that two hours just wasn't long enough.   


She loved her two days spent back on campus this past week.  I'm really hoping they get some full days before the year is up but I'm not holding my breath.   Kayla will start back up in two weeks for the same amount of days and time.  She is just as excited to get back as well.





1 comment:

Cindy said...

That's so fun! I'm glad she's back in school. I love that picture of her running up the hill! I read the part where she wanted to get out of the car but I didn't realize she was actually running!