Thursday, April 1, 2021

March Recap

 Happy April 1st!

March was a busy one with lots of fun days spent with family and a day or two with friends.


We had a couple of perfect nights where we could enjoy dinner on the patio and the girls played outside. 


We dropped by my parents house on my moms birthday to wish her a happy birthday and to give her a gift.


After that we headed to a gender reveal party to see if a boy or girl would be joining our family.
A BOY will join the cousins this September!


Brooklyn with her cousin Joe Jr.


Her uncle dared her to eat some dog food for $5 and she didn't mind doing so.


This might be the cutest dog! She was so sweet and let me hold her for so long.  If I happen to come across this dog needing a home it will definitely be coming home with me.



My mother in law had a ton of lemons and oranges available so we stopped by to grab a bag full.


Kayla was asked to host her schools web news page and she had to set up a back drop and a desk area.   I walked in and loved her K coffee mug she added!


The clouds were too pretty not to capture on this walk.


I had so much fun using all of the lemons to cook and bake with this past month.


First up was some lemon bread


then it was lemon ricotta cookies


for dinner one night I made a shrimp and tortellini pasta with a lemon sauce.  I also made a lemon chicken and orange glazed brownie bars which I don't have pictures of.   It was all delicious and fun to use some fresh ingredients.


Brooklyn loves to make gourmet sandwiches which she always makes sure I get a bite of each time.  I happened to be in the shower one day when she was done so this is what I walked out to after I was done getting dressed.  She waited on the floor outside our bedroom door just to give me the last bite.


She wanted me to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's with her one weekend and of course I was in.   Brooklyn loves her some Audrey Hepburn.


We went out to Sushi twice this month, it's a family favorite anytime!


Kayla finally had picture day at school!


This girl!
Someone in her class suggested that all girls should dress like boys and all boys should dress like girls.   Obviously she had to participate!


It was so nice to have friends over on a Friday night for dinner and drinks


I made a lasagna, garlic cheese bread and a caesar salad.


The kids got pizza


We had a great time.



Couch cuddles with one of the kitties


We celebrated my nephews 2nd birthday.



He is the happiest little guy!


Brooklyn took her guitar so her and her uncle could play together for a bit.  It's so cool that they hang out together like this!


Two year olds don't stay still for selfies!



Love these four!


Rockstar Brooklyn


Kayla doing schoolwork with Oliver close by.  She said he was crying to be held so she put him on the chair next to her and he just sat here next to her.


Brooklyn helped me make her favorite coconut macaroons for Palm Sunday.



Our first swim day of 2021!


The weather was so perfect!


On Palm Sunday we celebrated at my mother in laws with family.  It was another warm day, almost too warm but so nice to be outside.


The cousin table



This month Kayla finished up her Oral Therapy and her therapist gave her a little gift which I thought was so sweet.


To celebrate all of her hard work I took her out to a fun spot nearby for dinner.   It was sort of like a gourmet food court with lots of amazing spots to get all different kinds of foods.  Kayla chose a noodle spot and got a spicy miso noodle soup.  It was sooo good and we had a good time chatting and enjoying dinner together.


I can't believe how much older she is.  I've noticed so much change in her in just the last month it amazes me.  She is so grown up and a total teen now.  I'm so proud of her, she's such a great kid!



Spending some one on one time with her was the perfect way to end the month of March.




1 comment:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos and memories