Friday, July 2, 2021

Summer in June

Just when I am feeling sad about these two growing up I find them in moments like this, right after graduation the girls were home on the couch and watching cartoons together.  Thank you universe for keeping them still little in so many ways!


June the kitty (not the month) in her favorite hiding spot. 


Kayla was off at a sleepover at a friends so Brooklyn was enjoying calling the shots for the night.  She chose Canes for dinner and Umbrella Academy on tv.


Kayla living her best life with her bestie


June weather is usually a lot cooler than it has been this year so I feel like we haven't enjoyed much outside time as usual but the first week wasn't too bad so we got some outdoor time in before the miserable heat took over.




If you have a classic car my husband will want to talk your ear off.   He was just staring out the window at our neighbors friend so I told him just go talk to them.


Just spending a Summer day at the many appointments my daughter had that day.


Pajamas all day on the couch watching her favorite shows, just Brooklyn living her dream


My sister in law is having a baby so I've been busy planning a baby shower for the end of July.


Still hanging on to their daddy in the pool now and then


I love that this girl loves the library because I don't think it would be Summer without taking my girls to the library!


I'm sure she would kill me if she knew I posted this but her drawings and creativity are amazing! I also love her admiration and love for her besties.


High School cross country began a few weeks ago at 6:30 am!!!   Way too early for Summer if you ask me but I was a bit excited for Kayla.


eeekkkk....High School Sports!


I "dropped" her off and then drove over to the other side of the track to watch her first practice.  #stalkermom #sorrynotsorry


Finally a trip to the movie theater and to see maybe my new favorite movie!  Cruella, if you haven't seen it you must!!! It was amazing, the music, the art, the fashion, the message, the scenery...everything was perfection!



Summer mornings cuddled up to watch the Price is Right!


Kayla was at a friends house so Brooklyn and I headed out for some shopping and a stop to Starbucks.



Life is getting busy again so it was time to buy a planner.  I was so excited to actually be filling out my favorite brand planner once again.


A trip to our favorite family friendly winery is always a good time.



Delicious food, live music and beautiful views.




One of Kayla's best friends is moving to Tennessee in the next month so all the girls got together here for a little goodbye party.


How gorgeous is this cookie cake?



All four of the girls in 5th grade,


and now off to High School


They all had such a great time!



Kayla and I cried when we found out she would be moving.  These two have had so much of their future planned out together.  They've had plans on where they would both work as soon as they turned sixteen as well as their plans to backpack through Europe after graduation.   They said their backpacking adventure is still on.  We will really miss her when she's gone!


I finally got some crafting in.  I've been wanting to make this flag for the past few years so when Hobby Lobby was having a sale on ribbon I stocked up so I could give it a shot.


I love it and would definitely like to make a couple more.  It was easy but I ran out of ribbon so next year I'll try some more.


Reading buddies


My grandmother turned 89 this past weekend and she finally got to come out to celebrate!!



I had not hugged her since Christmas 2019! 
I really thought that I might not ever be able to again but thank gosh that did not happen.   I was so thankful we could be together for her special day.   She loved being with us enjoying lots of candy and a margarita!!!  Look at that happiness...


I love this lady so much and I'm beyond grateful to have such a wonderful grandmother in my life!


June ended with a day shopping with my girls followed by Starbucks


and this little girl getting her first cell phone!!






2 comments:

Tara said...

June was a FUN month for all of you. What a beautiful party you hosted for her friend moving away - and what a pretty cake!! I love your slower mornings and you how you dropped Kayla off and then watched her at practice... I so would have done that! So glad your grandmother was able to visit and celebrate with all of you. What wonderful memoires you are storing up this summer. Love the flag you made too! Lovely. I love to use my planner too - can't live without out. I usually plan on the weekend for the upcoming week. It helps me so much to get all of the lists swarming in my head down on paper. Enjoy your summer!

Cindy said...

Wow, what a month! I think you covered all the emotions in one post! Looks like you're having a great summer though! And visiting with your grandma, that's the best!