Sunday, September 19, 2021

Nashville ~ Part 2

 The next morning we took a Lyft over to 12th Ave S where there are lots of cute shops and a spot we wanted to grab breakfast at.


We put our name in at Frothy Monkey for breakfast and then walked around to check out the shops while we waited.




Frothy Monkey was okay for breakfast but the coffee was definitely the best part!



By far my favorite Vanilla Latte I've ever had!


After shopping and breakfast we took another Lyft over to a brewery.


We shared a tasting and then ordered our favorite. 


By the time we were done it was raining so we waited for our Lyft to take us back to the hotel to freshen up before we went to dinner.


We were back on Broadway at Miranda Lambert's enjoying some live music and whiskey in no time.


We walked up to the top level before we ate to check out the views.


Sunday evening sure was A LOT less crowded compared to Friday and Saturday night!


Our dinner at Miranda's did not disappoint! The food was delicious and my margarita was perfect.


The next day was this guys 40th Birthday!
We ate lunch at the same spot we ate at for my 40th, Mercantiles and it was just as tasty as we remembered.


After lunch this guy convinced me we could totally walk to The Gulch.  I kept telling him we would die because of the humidity but he reassured me we would be fine because it's not too bad due to the cloud coverage and it had rained.  Ummmm half way through our walk the clouds cleared and I was drenched in sweat.  I told him my chai latte was slipping out of my hands due to the amount of sweat and then I remembered I had brought some special koozies just for this day!  Problem solved.


We didn't last long shopping since Satan had taken over the weather and we were dying!!!



We took a Lyft back and had a good laugh when our driver sounded surprised when we told her it was way too humid out today to walk.  She replied with, "really, it's actually really nice out today"  


We got dropped off and headed straight to a bar with air conditioning!  Chris was not as in love with my koozie I used all day but he did get some extra birthday wishes along the way.


Chris chose our dinner spot which was super pretty and the food and drinks were good.  We didn't have reservations so we ate at the bar which was fine because everyone else was as well.   Next time we will make reservations and I would definitely recommend Hampton Social if you are ever in Nashville.




After dinner it was back to our favorite spot for live music, Whiskey Row


After the band was done we walked along Broadway until we heard some more music we liked and then we waltzed right in to enjoy.



It was getting late and we were leaving the next day so we were about to call it a night but I had a last minute thought that I just didn't want the trip to end so I pulled Chris into Kid Rock's for one last stop which by the way is by far my least favorite spot in Nashville for so many reasons but for some reason I just wanted to end the night here.


Apparently there was a good reason for me wanting to go in because as soon as we got a drink Randy Houser got on stage and surprised the crowd with one song followed by a performance by 38 Special.


It was such a perfect way to end our fun in Nashville!


Randy Houser was right next to us so I asked him for one more song, he said, "I'm done" and then I cheers'd him and he did it back.


Oh, Nashville we love you and we had such a great time!  We both decided our first trip in January a few years back was a much better time to be here just because it wasn't so crowded and the weather was much more fun.  This trip was much crazier as far as things we saw, small example below.  The humidity during Summer was no joke and something so different from anything we've ever dealt with not sure how you all survive the Summer but nonetheless I Love Tennessee and can't wait to go back again!


We were at the airport by 11:00am the next day to head home but due to storms in Texas which was where our connecting flight was out of we were stuck in the airport until 7:00pm.   We had to eventually change our flight completely and fly into Los Angeles which is 2 hours away from our home.  Thank gosh my father in law agreed to driving out to pick us up so we could get home to pick up the girls and get them back home so they could get back to school the next day!   Drinks and dinner at the airport while we waited for what seemed like forever to figure out how we were going to do to get home.






No comments: