Thursday, September 1, 2022

August Recap

 Chris and I were off to take our morning walk and we saw two foxes walking through our neighbors yard.  This one jumped up on our fence to get away quicker.  How cute is he or she?


Kayla's best friend, Tiffany invited her to spend the day at downtown Disney with her and her family.  They had so much fun shopping and eating.







They are the cutest best friends in the entire world! I spend so many days wishing she didn't move to Nashville because they are just too perfect together.


Kayla cries, I cry, goodbyes are so hard. My heart hurts when they have to say goodbye.


Her sweet family bought us a bunch of bakery items from Porto's to enjoy and they were delicious.


Girls back to school lunch and shopping day



We shopped for way too many hours but got what we needed.


Last Summer cross country practice ending with a beautiful rainbow.


Brooklyn painted this cute whale on a rock she brought back from our beach trip.


Second day of school pic


I dropped them both off and went to the garden center.  I wanted everything


but settled on these.  The pink flowers are already dead, so over this heat!


Oliver sleeps in the strangest positions.


Sometimes he sleeps normal and sometimes he even shares the pillow with his sister.



We had a free Saturday so I made Brooklyn thoroughly clean and organize her room.  It took her all day!


She tried to throw these drawings out that she did and I quickly saved them.


They are now framed in my room and I love them.  She is so darn talented!


This month we celebrated Chris' birthday.





We celebrated at home as a family and then with a date night the following weekend.


We started prepping for this girls upcoming 13th birthday.


Kayla had an orthodontist appointment at 8am and by 8:30 she was done and handed an ice cream.  Nothing better than an ice cream on your way to school


Brooklyn and I were watching a cat show on Netflix and June was extremely interested.  She stood there and watched the entire thing.


I surprised her at pick up with a yummy Starbucks drink and she was a happy girl


Chris and I were of celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary so the girls stayed at my parents.  Their cousins were staying as well.  These four have not seen each other in two years.  They had fun catching up.



Chris and drove down to San Diego to stay the night and see Thomas Rhett.


Unfortunately the concert was canceled two hours before start time.  Major bummer but we made the best of it.



We found a cool whiskey bar and had a good time anyhow. 


Sunday we came back and picked up the girls, made an easy snack dinner and enjoyed the rest of the weekend.



Kayla was excited to get to Starbuck's to try the pumpkin cold brew and get a pumpkin scone.  She has been very excited for Fall this year and I'm here for it!







No comments: