Friday, March 10, 2023

Valentine's Day

 Valentine's was a rainy cold day.  I wasn't feeling well either so I ended up waking up, making breakfast and then I went back to bed in hopes of feeling better after so more sleep.


I used our mini heart shape waffle maker and put some premade cinnamon rolls into it for a quick school day breakfast.


They are a hit everytime!


I snuck in some Valentine treats to the girls lunches and one in husbands office before I put myself back to bed.


I asked the girls to take a selfie with their iced coffees before they went to school so I could have a picture of them together.  They sent me these four cute pictures.





I eventually woke up feeling somewhat better, got my coffee and got ready to tackle the day.



I baked our traditional boxed strawberry cake and set the table for our dinner along with some gifts for the family.





When I went to pick up Brooklyn she was lugging around bags of gifts from her friends.


Kayla had track practice which I was not too happy about because it was extremely windy, hailing and 30 something degrees outside.  They were running throughout the city in that nasty weather and I just wanted her home and warm.


Come to find out that while she was running her backpack and all of her school work got completely soaked.  The winds were so bad that their once dry spot to put their backpacks ended up getting very wet.  Needless to say Kayla was not a happy girl.  She was very upset.


Hours of note taking and lots of hard work was ruined.  She was soaking wet, tired and over it.


We did the best we could to salvage her stuff along with the day.  Eventually we moved on and sat down to enjoy our dinner and dessert.







No comments: