Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bloom

Saturday hubby and I had a party with our closest friends and immediate family to celebrate our 10 Year Wedding Anniversary.  I knew from the beginning I wanted the decor to be pretty simple but definitely wanted lots of beautiful flowers.  I had a vision of the colors and what I wanted it to look like just had to hope that Friday morning when I drove out to Costco I would find the right color flowers waiting for me.  Luckily they had many flowers to choose from which did make it hard to choose from but after probably 30 minutes loading and unloading the cart with bunches of flowers I remembered what my vision was and picked out the colors I had wanted from the beginning.


I love the color combination of the light pinks and coral/orange roses and luckily they had other flowers with the exact same color combo.
It was so fun to come home and lay all the flowers out on the counter and put together the bouquets.





The taller bouquets went on the outside tables in the backyard and the smaller rose bouquets went on the cupcake stand.


The sideboard was set up as sort of the dessert section with cupcakes and candles.  I added old wedding photos to a few candles as well as a photo of us with the girls.






 I had to take a picture of my anniversary gift from my husband next to the pretty colors of the flowers.  He completely surprised me last week with an entire new setting on my engagement ring.  I absolutely love it and was shocked that he pulled off that big of a surprise on me!  I'm a very lucky girl.


It was so much fun putting together all of the flowers and decorating everything.  I still have flowers arranged all over the house and will be sad once I have to throw them out. 



3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Shannon!!!!
Love it all!!!!
Happy Anniversaty!!!
And yay for the ring! : )

Kelli said...

Everything looks wonderful Shannon!
Happy Anniversary!

Becca said...

The photo of your ring is so pretty!!! I loved all the flowers...great colors!