Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween 2014


Halloween was actually cold for once here in California which made it even more perfect for my annual tomato soup and paninis for dinner!  Every year we invite the immediate family over for Halloween and we all dress up.  Last year we decided not to dress up and it wasn't as much fun so from here on out you must dress for the occasion!   The girls were as excited as ever to see everyones costumes and go trick or treating.  Kayla was a Zombie and Brooklyn was a "mean" Witch.


I'm a little sad going through these pictures and realizing how much older they are getting!












Cousins,
Love these three!


Since Halloween was on a Friday this year I made sure to make a fun drink for the adults to enjoy, Apple Pie Sangria.  It was very tasty!  I wish Halloween always fell on a weekend, it's so much more relaxed not rushing and worrying about getting the girls to bed for school the next day!  



The girls all ready to fill their bags with candy!




Kayla loves handing out candy to the trick or treaters at one point she said she was just going to stay home and hand out candy instead of go trick or treating but I talked her out of that since I knew she would most likely regret that decision later.
Her cousin Jonas sure loved going through all the candy with her.  


This year we had a ton of kids trick or treating and we eventually ran out of candy!  I love that we live in a community where most people participate in the holiday and the kids still go out and trick or treat.   It was another great Halloween down in the books!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

It looks like you had a nice Halloween. I love your girls costumes and all the adults as well. I did not get any good pictures of the night or the kids in their costumes.
I am going to go back and look at the sangria recipe. I have bunco at my house Sunday night and I think that may go nicely with my fall theme.