Sunday, February 8, 2015

Flamingo Handprint Canvas

This adorable handprint canvas was so simple and turned out to be adorable!  I picked up all the supplies I would need from Walmart and did this in about 30 minutes Saturday morning.  



I painted the girls hands and made sure they were very still, I pushed their fingers and hands down myself because after many attempts in the past this is what works the best.  They seem to mess things up if I tell them to press their hands down on their own.



I had lightly penciled in about where I wanted the girls handprints to go and later erased the pencil marks left behind.


After the handprints are on use the pencil again to draw the legs, neck, head and beak.  After it looks the way you want it to fill in with the paint.  I added a red heart for some extra color and just used a black sharpie to draw the eyes and was going to call it a day but I thought it needed a little more to it so I added a little water but you could easily leave it as is and it's just as cute or maybe add some green at the bottom instead for grass!



I love it!
Out of all the other handprint canvas' we have done I think this one is definitely my favorite and is perfect for Valentine's day as well as Summer decor. 

1 comment:

Kelli said...

this is so cute Shannon!