Saturday, February 7, 2015

Life Lately

This week was a doozy and one I am happy to put in the past!!!  Monday morning started off with Kayla not feeling too well and mommy sending her off to school (because she really wanted to go even though mommy knew she should've listened to gut and kept her home!!).  Around 11 I got the call that Kayla had a temperature and needed to be picked up.  Luckily we are super close to the school and could get there quick.  When I walked in to pick up my girl she looked horrible and I mean white as a ghost, black eyes and bright red lips.  She was miserable the rest of the day and I felt so bad for her.  She is NEVER sick and I think this is only the 2nd time she's ever had a fever before in all her 7 years. 



 She spent most of the day in bed and daddy came home to take over while I had to take Brooklyn to her first softball practice.  To say she was excited was an understatement (let's ignore the fact that her hands are placed wrong while she pretends to hold a bat).  She did great at practice and has an awesome coach this year so it's gonna be a great season for this little one!


Tuesday morning Kayla still had a mild fever so I kept her home while Brooklyn went off to school.  While Kayla spent most of the morning sleeping and watching cartoons in the other room I cleaned (always socks laying around somewhere with these girls around) and enjoyed some quiet time.


By the time it was time to pick up Brooklyn Kayla's temperature had disappeared and she was feeling much better!  The rest of our afternoon was spent at home resting and hoping nobody else would get sick!




I celebrated the end of Tuesday with a glass of wine and was happy that it looked like Kayla would be well enough to go back to school on Wednesday and by the time bedtime rolled around hubby had come down with a fever of his own.


Kayla was back to normal so she went off to school and after spending two days locked inside and since daddy was home sick now Brooklyn and I stayed away and did some shopping most of the morning.  She was exhausted by the time we got home but quickly made herself comfy on the new poufs we purchased from Target.


When we went to pick up Kayla from school she came out wearing her jacket just as she wore when she left this morning but when I looked closer at her I noticed her dress was on backwards!!!  Apparently I need to examine this girl before we run out the door every morning!  I made her go show daddy and we all had a good laugh.  Oh, this child!



Wednesday evening was back to the softball fields for another softball practice for Brooklyn followed by rushing back home to eat dinner, baths and bed.  Oh how I really dislike busy school nights!



After I picked Brooklyn up from school on Thursday she started on some homework when I heard her reading the words all on her own.  I was so excited for her and she was pretty proud of herself as well.


Later on in the afternoon we headed out to pick up Kayla from singers to come home, grab a snack, run through spelling words, change and then head out to Kayla's softball practice.


By now I was sitting at her practice wishing I was at home wrapped in a blanket with a cup of tea.  I love watching my girls play but all the running around in the evenings really gets to me and by the end of the week I am exhausted.  I am too much of a homebody for all this running around but I have the next 3 1/2 months to get used to it so here's to enjoying as much home time as I can!


Friday morning rolled around and Kayla was overly exhausted and coughing horribly and after many morning meltdowns I decided she would be staying home again.  She napped and I napped while Brooklyn enjoyed some game time and we all ended up happy and refreshed in the afternoon.  For dinner we met my parents for pizza and ice cream.  The girls got some early Valentine's day gifts and we wrapped up our week all together, healthy and on a good note!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Let's hope and pray the nasty flu bug is done and gone from your sweet family!
I love the love between your girls...
Must have some awesome parents. : )