Thursday, June 25, 2015

This Week

This week we brought out some of our 4th of July decorations to get ready for one of our favorite days of the year.  I can't believe we have just about gone through our first month of Summer vacation.  I am enjoying it all too much, especially the sleeping in part of it!


This week the girls and I went out to the movies to see Inside Out, then went to lunch and did some shopping.


The movie was really good!  I love how it dealt with the many emotions we feel, Kayla said she liked it but thought it was really sad and Brooklyn loved it.   We had a good discussion over emotions while eating lunch together so I enjoyed that we could use the movie as a little learning tool.


It's been hot so the girls have been using some of their water toys to keep cool.  They especially loved playing water hopscotch the last few days and I've been moving it around the yard to help water the dead spots.  I'm not liking this drought situation we have going on here, it's making my yard not so pretty.


Enjoying some ring pops for an afternoon snack


Wednesday we had family movie night to watch A Night at the Museum.  We love our movie nights around here and luckily we had a free preview of HBO last weekend so I recorded a bunch of fun movies for us to enjoy for the next couple of weeks.


This morning I baked some cookie and the girls came in the kitchen at just the right time to lick the beaters.



There have been multiple cities of toys set up around the house atleast this lego town stayed in her bedroom for the day.


We are looking forward to a weekend of family fun and enjoying some cooler temperatures as well!



1 comment:

Deborah said...

Thanks for sharing. It's always a pleasure seeing how you have fun with the girls throughout the seasons. Speaking od seasons, I was looking at some of your previous seasonal posts and I observed a beautiful 3 tier stand. Would you mind telling me where you got it. Thanks
Deborah